PG Music Home
Posted By: jazmaan "Print to PDF" - 05/19/13 05:34 PM
I'm thinking about upgrading to BIAB 2013 just to get the "Print to PDF" capability. For reasons too complicated to discuss here, I'm seeking to convert a RealTracks generated solo to midi. I'm using BIAB 2011 where I can see the RealTracks solo in notation, but if I try to save a midi file, the solo disappears from the midi file. I have other software capable of converting PDF to midi (if the PDF was originally created in a music notation software and still contains some of that music information in it.) So my question is: are the PDF files created by BIAB 2013 comparable to those created in other music softwares (like Finale for instance) so that I will be able to load the BIAB created PDF into a converter (I use "PDF to Music"), and convert a RealTracks solo to midi?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: "Print to PDF" - 05/19/13 09:09 PM
Yes, they are standard PDF files, so should work for that purpose. As with any products you buy from us, there is a 30 day MBG.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: "Print to PDF" - 05/21/13 08:31 AM
Hi Jazzmaan,

With Realtracks that have notation, it's possible to create a midi file because the notation is midi-based.

1. Load the Realtrack (that has notation) into the Melody track.

2. Generate the track (or song).

3. See the image below. Choose "Melody" (#1), then "Edit melody track" (#2) and lastly "Kill entire melody..." (#3)

4. Click on "Yes" to the first pop-up box that asks, "OK to erase the Realtrack?"

5. Click on "No" to the second pop-up box that asks,"OK to erase the MIDI date?"

Midi data will now be written on the Melody track and can be exported as midi. (Note that the volume will be zero. This will need to be set for midi sounds to be heard.)

Hope this helps,
Noel
© PG Music Forums