PG Music Home
Posted By: bloeff Barber Agnus Dei - 08/08/13 06:45 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a rough year. I lost my mother and my daughter. This seemed like an appropriate song to record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4iyH-oBNPk

I believe that my phrasing and overall dynamics are improving. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bruce
P.S. This is me singing all the parts.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Barber Agnus Dei - 08/09/13 12:08 AM
Very peaceful, beautiful and well produced. You picked a fine song choice that more than adequately allows others to share your pain and sorrow without becoming overwhelmed themselves. It was quiet a task to take on and complete.

I hope making, and releasing, the recording helps you heal. I'm sorry for your losses.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Barber Agnus Dei - 08/09/13 11:36 AM
Originally Posted By: bloeff
Let me know what you think.

A heart felt story, but, This is not a piece which can be generally "song" by a single voice given it covers such a broad range. Combine that with a the single post? Call me a skeptic. wink
Posted By: bloeff Re: Barber Agnus Dei - 08/10/13 11:55 AM
Thanks for the compliments. The software I used is Sonar X2 Producer. The mic is Audio Technica 2020. I used pitch shifting on the very high and very low notes. A leading classical record company actually wants me on their label! Not bad for a 61 year old who has never had any vocal training!

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.
© PG Music Forums