PG Music Home
Posted By: krooner Accessing Realband - 11/06/13 03:19 PM
Hi all,
Could anyone tell me why, in simple terms please [newbie], when I try to drag n drop from, BIAB to RB, I get the following message :-

Access Violation at address 100002639 in module 'Rdaw1049.dll
Read of address 00000108 at: 100002639

[I'm wondering, do I need to reinstall, Realband ?]

Cheers.
Kj
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Accessing Realband - 11/06/13 03:37 PM
Welcome...

I don't know why you're getting that Access violation..... however, I don't try to drop and drag between the 2 programs.

Simply save and close the project in BB and then open Real Band and open that same saved project in RB. It will open just fine. You can then save the real band project as a SEQ file so it will reopen exactly as you left it.

You can have both BB & RB open at the same time. I generally use BB to write the basic song and then open RB to render the tracks I want.

RB will populate it's tracks with real tracks where it can, rather than using midi and patches.

At times the project will sound slightly different because RB doesn't always play the exact midi track. I generally find that RB will sound better every single time.

Hope this helps.

BTW: a reinstall is a last ditch effort. Call tech support first before you go trying to reinstall and let them help you sort it out. It may be a simple setting fix.
Posted By: krooner Re: Accessing Realband - 11/06/13 04:06 PM
Hi, Gh,
Many thanks.
I'll take your advice and see how I get on.

Cheers.
Kj
Posted By: krooner Re: Accessing Realband - 11/07/13 08:01 PM
Hi Guitarhacker,
Took your advice and contacted 'support'. Very helpful. It was an edirol driver issue. Following advice from, Rob and Kent, I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, and deleted the RB.CFG file in RealBand. The last time I looked, everything seemed to be working fine.
BIAB is using MME, whilst RealBand, the ASIO driver [ I think that's the way it works, correct me if I'm wrong ].
Anyway, so far so good.

Cheers.
Kj
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Accessing Realband - 11/22/13 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: krooner
Hi Guitarhacker,
Took your advice and contacted 'support'. Very helpful. It was an edirol driver issue. Following advice from, Rob and Kent, I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, and deleted the RB.CFG file in RealBand. The last time I looked, everything seemed to be working fine.
BIAB is using MME, whilst RealBand, the ASIO driver [ I think that's the way it works, correct me if I'm wrong ].
Anyway, so far so good.

Cheers.
Kj

Yes, I have always found support to be very gracious and helpful. I've contacted them only a few times and they answered the questions and solved the issues.

ASIO is a unique driver. Whatever program grabs it first gets to use it. It won't share itself with others like MME will. So I have to be sure I open my programs in the correct order to be sure ASIO connects where it should. RB & BB will work fine for my purposes on MME with both sharing it. I need Sonar to be on the ASIO driver so it gets opened first.

Glad you resolved the issue on the drivers.
© PG Music Forums