PG Music Home
Posted By: BBB Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/06/14 06:10 PM
This is the year I actually learn how to use computer recording software DAW

The little playing around Ive done so far it seems Reaper is more intuitive, easier to figure out how to do things in.

I really want to just do basic recording and mixing, nothing fancy.

Is my initial experience correct or should i give Real Band more of a chance..............

The short version of this question:

What is easier to use for Basic Recording? Real Band Or Reaper?

Thanks,

BBB
Posted By: Mac Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/06/14 06:13 PM
The DAW that YOU like, for whatever reason, is the one that you should start working with.

The "working with" part is far more important than any other aspect.

--Mac
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/06/14 08:28 PM
check these videos out
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=238762#Post238762

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

pgmusic youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/pgmusicinc/videos

you can get a lot done with realband before moving on to finishing up in an another DAW all while taking advantage of the biab\rb integration capabilities which you loose when you move to another DAW too early in the process
Posted By: MarioD Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/06/14 10:35 PM
BBB, everyone you ask will have opinions on why their DAW is the best. While it may seem like a good idea to ask just be prepared for some very bias opinions, mine included.

I am in agreement with Mac. Find one that YOU like, one that fits comfortably with YOUR work flow and really learn it. Make a lot of music with it. If it finally can’t do something that you want it to do then maybe look for another DAW, maybe one to supplement what you have now. Like I said I use Sonar because it does everything that I want it to do and having had it for so long I can do things very rapidly. YMMV.

So download various demos and pick the one that YOU like.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/07/14 11:08 AM
I have not used Reaper, I have used RealBand and to me it was very simple yet powerful. A tip I would give you is find the DAW that you want to use and then learn everything about it you can. I have heard great music produced from them both. I am not sure of the learning curve for reaper but the curve for Realband is practically non existant. It is a very straight forward program. Try downloading demo's of both and see which one you like best! Hope this helps!
Posted By: Danna Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/07/14 12:50 PM
I use Reaper because I need to export in mp3 format for our singers.

I could not get Realband to export mp3.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/07/14 06:25 PM
Danna, the flagship software BIAB will export in mp3 and wav as well as several other popular audio formats. Give that a try.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Reaper Or Real Band For A Beginner? - 02/07/14 07:24 PM
Since you have both Reaper and Real Band, play with them both to see which one you prefer to work with.

Try using the same function in both, then try another function, try audio editing, envelopes, bouncing, recording, and as many other functions as you need to do what you wish to accomplish.

This will tell you in short order which one is easier for you to work with. I could tell you why I like the DAW I use but I won't. It's not one of the ones you have. Before you spend money on anything, work with the 2 you have now and see if they are suitable for your workflow.
© PG Music Forums