PG Music Home
Posted By: KingDavid Focusrite PRO 24DSP Recording Issue - 04/14/14 10:57 PM
I hope this question is fine in the topic I have posted in.

I have a Focusrite PRO 24DSP. I finally dug it out after a month or so, and began to record again with it. I have never noticed this, but the right channel records significantly quieter than the left channel. In a normal recording setting, singing records at around -10db more or less, very low noise and great recording. However the left channel records around -25db. I end up boosting it another 10db and get noise and hums I never heard in the left channel. I use the exact same settings, cables, DAW inserts, and whatnot, only switching the XLR from left to right channel. Could this be a problem with the interface itself? This has been bugging me for days, if anyone knows about this problem please write below!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Focusrite PRO 24DSP Recording Issue - 04/16/14 07:46 PM
KingDavid,

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, which uses the same mix control software as the firewire pro24DSP.

What I know about the Scarlett, is that you can set the mix control software a certain way, and that becomes persistent in the actual operation of the Scarlett, until the mix control software is changed otherwise. This allows the unit to be used in a sort of stand-alone operation as a crude mixer, without needing to be attached to a computer.

It's possible the Firewire (Saffire)series products do the same, and the last time you used the mix control software, you perhaps changed the gain settings in Mix Control, and they have stayed resident in the unit all this time?

This really sounds like a question for Focusrite tech support.
© PG Music Forums