PG Music Home
How to become a GREAT singer (instead of just a good one)

Short clip - less than four minutes - of vocal coach Mark Baxter speaking to Berklee students.
It's so true.

Laugh and learn. grin

Josie
Good find Josie!

I had to laugh about little Cindy going on stage! A co-worker of mine wanted me to hear is kid's band. His son played guitar (almost) and his daughter sang (again almost). She was at least 25 to 50 cents flat, at least on the notes she almost hit!

Very trying times smirk
Good one Josie! Simple but brilliant! (I am guilty of being little Cindy more than once!)
Glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was a brilliant way to get his point across too.

I produced the Coca-Cola TruValue Country Showdown for our 100,000 watt FM for three years. It was a heavily promoted national talent show before American Idol. Our station's local contest ran for a couple of months at a large club with a great house band.

Every year, as soon as the first commercial hit, I would be inundated with so many tape entries I'd have to take boxes of them home. I've heard and seen more than my share of little Cindys and oh say can you hears......LOL!

Josie
Along this topic line.

Just signed up last weekend for 4 week lessons with Per Briskow. There was a big sale! Its over now. I tried to let folks know but had connection problems.

So he gives a money back guarantee at any time during the 30 days. After lesson 1, I did not ask for my money back. It was interesting, maybe something here of value. Have to spend some more time with it.
© PG Music Forums