PG Music Home
Posted By: nerdle A teacher please - 12/19/14 12:07 PM
Hello
I installed Band in a Box years ago and despite trying to read help pages and Youtube tutorials I still can't work out how to use it.

I learned Cubase online from a wonderful teacher in Germany - on Skype and Teamviewer.

I really need to be taught by a real human being - can anyone help (I'm in the UK)?

Would be glad to pay and would be very grateful.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: A teacher please - 12/19/14 01:07 PM
Where in the UK?
What's the bit of it that's stopping you shoving a few chords in to see what you get?
Ian
Posted By: nerdle Re: A teacher please - 12/19/14 01:11 PM
Hello
I've worked out how to put chords in but when I ask the video how to put in G sharp it doesn't tell me.

I know from experience that I need a teacher. I'm not techy.

Can I also say... geography is not important if online and if I could learn any other way I would do it. I asked for a teacher before for Adobe Premiere and people kept referring me to youtube videos and asking questions which I'd rather not do again.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: A teacher please - 12/19/14 01:31 PM
Groove3.com just added a set of BiaB tutorials based on the 2014 Mac version of BiaB. It's called Band-in-a-Box Explained.

+ + HERE + + is a link to the page.

I've purchased several Groove3 video tutorials including Band-in-a-Box Explained and have been very satisfied with each purchase. Groove 3 offers two video delivery options, purchase then download or streaming. I prefer to purchase and download so I can view the videos anytime on or offline and on any device that plays videos in the MP4 format.

While it's the Mac version used and described in the videos I haven't seen anything that might confuse a Windows user. The two main differences appear to be setting up midi inputs/outputs and use of the Command key instead of the Control key.

The outline the videos use to present information is easy to follow. There are more than two hours of content.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: A teacher please - 12/19/14 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: nerdle
Hello
I've worked out how to put chords in but when I ask the video how to put in G sharp it doesn't tell me.

I know from experience that I need a teacher. I'm not techy.

Can I also say... geography is not important if online and if I could learn any other way I would do it. I asked for a teacher before for Adobe Premiere and people kept referring me to youtube videos and asking questions which I'd rather not do again.

You'll get plenty help on here if you use the Band In A Box For Windows Forum below. I still get foxed by simple things and these guys pull me out of the mire every time.
How to put in G# ? - well it depends what key you are writing in. It can go in as simply typing the G and the # symbol, or it may need to be as A and the "b" (for flat) symbol depending.
If you type G# and get just G showing, then put it in as Ab. OK? In some keys it may actually change your input of G# to Ab all on its own to match the key requirements.
Which BIAB are you running?
HTH
Ian

Posted By: nerdle Re: A teacher please - 12/19/14 06:01 PM
Thanks again Ian. Can you teach me? Typing questions here will just drive me maaaad!
Posted By: martin lawler Re: A teacher please - 12/20/14 08:23 AM
G sharp is Ab. Just type Ab
Posted By: nerdle Re: A teacher please - 12/20/14 02:02 PM
Quick lesson today - all current questions answered thank you all.
© PG Music Forums