Posted By: 90 dB Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/08/15 02:25 PM
A great deal on a nice processor:

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk....2eab4-195423701

Check out Andrew Scheps' studio too. Now that's some outboard gear! shocked

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: ROG Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/08/15 02:43 PM
Cheers, Bob.

I love Eventide stuff. I had a 949 back in the 80s and when it was actually working it was brilliant.

Very tempted by this offer.

ROG.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/08/15 02:57 PM
"Very tempted by this offer."

Yeah, me too - but I'm still paying off my new powered sub. mad

Still..........
Posted By: sslechta Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/08/15 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
I'm still paying off my new powered sub. mad

What about those JBLs? Order those yet? grin
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/08/15 08:24 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
I'm still paying off my new powered sub. mad

What about those JBLs? Order those yet? grin

I still hate you, Steve. mad

Get thee behind me!!!!!!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 12:46 PM
No way! Old people are gassy.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 01:42 PM
Whippersnapper!
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 04:21 PM
deleted my original text here

EDIT

oops I was thinking of buying but looks like I jumped the gun. I clicked on the "TRY" button to see what kind of demo there was and this came up

"Please enter your ilok.com user name so that we can deposit a license to your iLok account. H3000 Factory does not require you to own or use an iLok, but H3000 Factory uses Pace's new licensing application, the iLok License Manager, which allows you to save H3000 Factory's license either on your computer or optionally on an iLok. To create a new ilok.com account or to download the iLok License Manager, please go to ilok.com.
Unfortunately, if you've already had a trial of H3000 Factory Native, you won't be able to request one through this form. However, we'd love to give you another opportunity, so please email us at support@eventide.com."

I DO NOT DO PACE or iLOk

so that is a deal killer

Larry
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
I clicked on the "TRY" button to see what kind of demo there was and this came up...Please enter your ilok.com user name (etc).[/i][/b]

I did listen to the short demo vid and yes....I think it's sweet sounding tool.
But...I did the same thing above with 'Try' button and the qualifying dialogue makes it an absolute no-go for me.

I'm aware that much of the Pace/Ilok criteria in present times is OK for most to many folks.
I have all the software I need without any of that ilk so I'm out even though I would have considered the purchase after the testing phase.

Carry on....
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 07:19 PM
I would have pulled trigger IMMEDIATELY, all my joking aside (that's what I deleted) if not for that PACE stuff.

OH well I have other plugins (and an external rack filled with other stuff)

Larry
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/09/15 07:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
OH well I have other plugins (and an external rack filled with other stuff)

Funny you say that.

Up until five years ago I had a tall, heavy obtrusive metal rack on casters with (12) outboard rack devices (flat black boxes with pretty lights) that I'd used for decades.

I got rid of all but (4) being left with:
Roland MBD-1 Bass/Drum module
Roland MVS-1 Vintage Synth module
Proteus FX keyboard module
ART SGX Nitro Guitar processor/preamp

As of this day I've finally finished/uploaded (4) songs implementing this great BIAB tool and now I'm not sure I really need these anymore.
But...I'll keep these in case I want to do my own drum tracks/key/bass lines again.
I wouldn't want to lose those options. smile

My...things have sure evolved since my old analog days and so much less real estate is taken up.

Back to it....

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/10/15 04:07 PM
I am a through and through techno geek and while I have most all of the usual SW suspect DAWs and plug-ins - I still find it faster, and prefer, to turn on external HW to PLAY music and, in a more than a few cases, simply MAKE music.

I've said it before, you turn on an external synth and it PLAYS (usually faster than you can even boot a PC), ditto compressors, EQ's, multi-FX boxes, mixers, patch bays, amps, etc. (yes, HW can hard fail but that afflicts PCs as much being as they are HW)

External gear doesn't care about 16-bit, 32-bit, 64-bit, ... or need OS update N.1.1.a. Rev 457c, with a particular BUS or IEEE XYZ interface, they DO NOT care what, if any, A/V I might be running,...

But then I still collect and use SLIDE RULES (and think they should still be mandatory in high school chemistry and physics wink )!

Larry

Posted By: MountainSide Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 04:31 AM
A lot to be said about that Larry, I've been running the same keyboard, two external sound modules and a midi patch bay for almost 30 years. Never got involved in the software side of the house until Windows 95. They're all still making music, never needed an update and they don't care a bit about all of that OS stuff.

Have recently sold some of the old HW and have noticed that there's a younger crowd coming up that seems to want that "nostalgic" sound of the 60's, 70's and 80's. They don't want to do it with SW, they're more the "steel is real" kinda guys....maybe they're more blinking light kinda guys....who knows. But some of that classic stuff is in demand and fetching prices that are approaching what it costs new or even more....could be inflation huh?...but maybe not.

Google "Vintage Synths" and read through some of the sites. Those midi-based HW mods got a strong following out there.

Jeff
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 09:17 AM
I still have one of these:

It's worth a lot more than I paid for it way back then! grin
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 10:33 AM
That wasn't our first drum machine, though. We started out with one of these:

Posted By: jford Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
That wasn't our first drum machine, though. We started out with one of these:

And those retro drum machines had a much more authentic sound to them. smile
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 11:45 AM
"The CR-78 uses analog drum voices, which sound very little like real percussion instruments."

Notable recordings made with the CR-78:

Ultravox - "Vienna"
Landscape (band) - "From_the_Tea-rooms_of_Mars_...."
John Foxx - "Burning Car"
Blondie — "Heart of Glass", "Atomic"
Gary Numan — "Remind Me To Smile", 'On Broadway (live 1979)'
Genesis — "Duchess" and "Me And Sarah Jane"
Hall & Oates — "Kiss On My List" and "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)"
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark — "Enola Gay"
Phil Collins — "In The Air Tonight"
Roxy Music — Same Old Scene
Modest Mouse — "Missed the Boat"
Frankie Beverley & Maze — "Joy and Pain"

The first drum machine doesn't have any recordings. They hadn't invented recording yet. grin
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/11/15 02:03 PM
The drummer still couldn't keep time with one of those! wink
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/12/15 10:18 AM
What amazes me about 90dB's photo, is that the case is wood! When's the last time you saw wood on a HW mod?
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/12/15 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
What amazes me about 90dB's photo, is that the case is wood! When's the last time you saw wood on a HW mod?

IIRC it's actually a veneer. I'd check, but the thing's buried in a closet somewhere. It sounded absolutely horrible, but it's all we had back in the Jurassic Age. grin
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/12/15 03:27 PM
The Wurlitzer Sideman sounded WORSE but it worried the HECK out of the local musician unions, at least in western PA.

My mothers second husband was the business manager for our Local back then and he/they went around to clubs, bars and other venues to enure that no one was using a Sideman - "it put a union drummer out of work" was the argument.

Larry
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Eventide H3000 Factory - 04/15/15 02:15 AM
You can save an extra $30 on it at audiodeluxe.com Best plugin prices I've found are on that site! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums