PG Music Home
The elastic in the shockmount for my CAD M-177 LCD mic has given up the ghost after about 9 or 10 years of faithful service.

I've never used the standard mount that shipped with the mic, tried it for the first time this weekend and found that the threads were not quite deep enough.

Wrote an e-mail about how to get replacement elastics over the weekend.

Box showed up today with new elastics AND a new standard mount that works.

Way to go CAD!

LOONG ago I had purchased a Global Audio mic from CAD and after a bit of time it quit working. CAD sent the M-177 as a replacement that has served me faithfully all these years. So they have twice shown their backing of their product after what most companies would consider well past any time to pay attention to former customers.
Wow,

That's the kind of customer service and dedication to product that needs to be shared with everyone.

Thanks for sharing the stories.
I have a pair of D189 dynamics I've used onstage, and they're a bit dark (we usually use Beta 87A's), but they have great GBF, and they were cheap! They make a good product.

Regards,

Bob
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Wrote an e-mail about how to get replacement elastics over the weekend. Box showed up today with new elastics AND a new standard mount that works. Way to go CAD!

Cool....that worked out well.
I have a CAD E-100.
I purchased it on 12/6/96 and I think it's a great condenser and has served me quite well.
I'd recommend them.

90db....I also has a CAD E200 early on.
On my vocals I found it was also 'dark' compared to my E100.
I sold it long ago.
The E200 is fine mic but the E100 had provided more detail and crispness on my vocals.

Frequency response one my E100 is pretty flat with a 2-3db bump at about 3K.
Several db roll off at 10K.

Carry on....
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Wrote an e-mail about how to get replacement elastics over the weekend. Box showed up today with new elastics AND a new standard mount that works. Way to go CAD!

I have a CAD E-100.
I purchased it on 12/6/96 and I think it's a great condenser and has served me quite well.
I'd recommend them.

I sold it long ago.
The E200 is fine mic but the E100 had provided more detail and crispness on my vocals.

Carry on....

Hey Leatherneck. We use the cheap CAD's when we're busking. No phantom power needed, and no worries about damage.

Regards,

Bob
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

I have a CAD E-100.
I'd recommend them.

I sold it long ago.

Carry on....

Hey Leatherneck. We use the cheap CAD's when we're busking. No phantom power needed, and no worries about damage.

Regards,

Bob

You busk too,

Do you find that the punters get an extra spring in their step about 20-30 metres on either side of you as they pass you by?

smile

Axey
Originally Posted By: axeplayer
Hey Leatherneck. We use the cheap CAD's when we're busking. No phantom power needed, and no worries about damage.Regards,Bob

You busk too,
Do you find that the punters get an extra spring in their step about 20-30 metres on either side of you as they pass you by? smile
Axey

Bob...yes...LN I am and still have all my limbs after a SE Asian picnic.

Axey...chuckle on your comment....I do not busk.
I just write and record my drivel.

Mas cafe para mi....carry on....
Originally Posted By: axeplayer

I have a CAD E-100.
I'd recommend them.

I sold it long ago.

Carry on....

Regards,

Bob

You busk too,

Do you find that the punters get an extra spring in their step about 20-30 metres on either side of you as they pass you by?

smile

Axey

Axey-

We love busking. No bar owners, no drunks, none of that usual stuff. We actually put together a completely battery-operated mini-PA. Backing tracks (BIAB), A/E guitar, electric bass and two vocals. It all fits on our Rock N Roller cart.
Have Cart – Will Travel. grin

Regards,

Bob
I once recorded a drummer who insisted on using his cad-pro-4-drum-microphone-kit .. worked a treat. I was shocked at the response and general sound.
Made me a believer. For the price, excellent value.
We mic'd the cymbals separately with SM 57's and an AT on the ride (and a couple ambient SM-58s hanging from the ceiling IIRC), but I really liked the tracks we got from this setup. We used my bedroom for a room, which also worked great! Some of the best sounding drum tracks I've recorded.
His playing, kit, etc came into play of course.

One old WMA from these recordings is here - http://masteringmatters.com/stuff/putitoutjmd2b.wma .. I believe JazzManDan did a bunch of the guitar work back in the day. What still sticks out to me is the drum sound for being a live set.

Attached picture mopics 007.jpg
Nice song and mix.
The mix could use some reworking, IMO (I'm a critic).
My main point was the CAD drum mics; they performed well.
Thanks for listening and the compliment on the song.
I have never had to use their customer service but, over the years, I've come across a number of above-and-beyond CAD stories.

I sold my M-177 mics to a friend when I got my first pair of M-179 mics. I wanted a good home for them and good mics for him. I can't think of any reason to ever get rid of the 179s. An amazing value, even at the recently spiked price. I have a GXL3000 but I haven't used it much. I've heard some really impressive recordings made with their inexpensive c217 mics. I think that their TM411 tom/snare mic is an unsung gem and a great SM57 alternative for drum/percussion/instrument miking---especially when it goes on sale for $30! FrontEnd Audio usually sells their pop shields for $2-3 during their holiday sales and you wish you bought more. I want an E100---just an absolutely world-class mic.

Yeah, I like CAD.

Paj
8^)
© PG Music Forums