PG Music Home
Posted By: Dan45 Sweet Deal - 11/21/15 05:57 PM
It looks like Miroslav Philharmonik is getting ready to come out with a new version- I found the original one on eBay for cheap!
If you are looking for orchestral instruments, now is the time smile
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Sweet Deal - 11/24/15 12:40 PM
I have listened to samples of the new version and I can't really tell if they are that much better than the originals. Which causes me to question whether it's worth the upgrade.

The original samples are pretty decent and since I only use them occasionally I will probably hold off. I will upgrade to the new BIAB version first since I skipped last years upgrade.

That being said I just recently started exporting some of the Classical fake book midi songs into Reaper after opening in BIAB and applied the Philharmonic samples. I can say I'm pretty impressed with the samples and from my untrained ear It sounds like an orchestra. I added some eq, compression and reverb and viola!

If you haven't picked it up yet and don't want to spend a fortune for LA Strings or some of the other pricier samples this one has value. Perhaps I'll upload one of the classical songs I added samples to Sound Cloud and post a link if anyone is interested.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Sweet Deal - 11/25/15 01:50 AM
As an enthusiastic owner of the library, I was also underwhelmed by the demos of the newest version.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sweet Deal - 11/25/15 08:40 PM
Even the original MP1 had initial mediocre "demos" by IK (actually IK's demos are still not very good)
so current MP2 demos are probably not a good indicator of actual goodness, badness, mediocrity, or usability unfortunately.

Larry

EDIT: But I will probably pull trigger since (as I mentioned in another post) I can get it with both Jam Points and upgrade pricing for ~$112
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sweet Deal - 11/27/15 09:30 AM
I wonder has anybody seen Isotope Ozone 7 on any 'Black Friday' special pricing?
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Sweet Deal - 11/28/15 04:01 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I wonder has anybody seen Isotope Ozone 7 on any 'Black Friday' special pricing?

they did a special earlier in the month so I doubt it will be on sale again this weekend.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sweet Deal - 11/28/15 07:48 AM
Just my luck....
© PG Music Forums