PG Music Home
Posted By: ronljeffrey how to get started with biab. - 12/07/15 09:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how to plug in song chords to a particular song and then pick a song style so that I can play along with it. I have tried but it doesn't sound like the song. Some users open biab and are playing in five minutes. Some users can make recordings. I can't even get started.
Thanks
Ron
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: how to get started with biab. - 12/07/15 09:49 PM
Have you watched the tutorials and worked through them? They are quite self explanitory and an excellent resource for the beginners.

It would take many posts to cover the info in just one video.... watch them and then if you have questions come back and ask specific questions on the thing that has you stumped.

Here's the link to the videos.... scroll down to BEGINNER and start watching.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

BTW.... it might take some time to get up to speed and making cool tunes.... It took me a few years to get the work flow and details together to let me get to the point I am now.... but with some effort and study on your part, you should be making music in no time at all. Refining it is an on going task.
Posted By: jford Re: how to get started with biab. - 12/08/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
I have tried but it doesn't sound like the song

And it's not going to sound like the original song, unless you just happen to find a style very similar to the original, but even then it will still be different.

Watch the videos and ask lots of questions on the forum; folks here are a very helpful bunch.

What are you finding you don't like about the results you are getting? Have you properly framed out your song? Are you entering the chord progression from scratch, or are you loading an existing MIDI file and having BIAB interpret the chords for you? Have you looked for an existing BIAB song on the web that matches the song you want to do? Do you need to have a melody in the song, or maybe you are going to sing it yourself? If you need a melody, you'll need to enter that manually and play back as MIDI(or import it from a MIDI file) - RealTracks don't play melodies.

When choosing a style, you need to look at things like the tempo, whether the song is 8th note or 16th note based, the time signature, the instruments used in the style, MIDI versus RealTracks and RealDrums, etc.

The tutorials should get you up and running pretty quickly, and the forum members are a great resource. We are all users and were beginners just like you at one time.

Welcome aboard!
© PG Music Forums