PG Music Home
problem keeping plugins across BIAB work sessions:

After creating a song, I added a different realtrack bass to the original style, and tweaked the new instrument with a dynamics plugin and eq, saved song updates, and everytime I restart and reload the song it reverts to tabula rasa, with no plugins saved.... Has anyone else noticed this in the latest update for BIAB 2016? Thanks.

The style is _RNBSYNC.STY Syncopated Modern R&B, and I am playing it with "Style enabled"... Pretty cool style, but I wanted to use a different bass sound, instead of the synth bass. Should I be saving this change as a new style to help make the bass line more stable??
I'm no expert with BIAB.

But...when you get all tracks/FX as you want them what if you clicked the icon with that looks like a blue snowflake that says "Freeze"?
You will get some choices to select from that drop down menu.

That's just a deduction on my part and I'm sure others who actually know more than myself will chime in.

Back to it...
Use a DAW such as Sonar and that is not an issue. Cakewalk DAW's are some amazing DAWs and you can get their Music Creator DAW for $20 downloaded.

Don't get me wrong, I love PG's software. Nothing else does what it can do. However, there are a number of things PG still needs to work out in their DAW Real Band, to be comparable to the versatility of the other fully functional DAW's on the market.

I use BB to write, I use RB to generate the tracks, and I use Sonar to mix.
DrDUBose,

I believe saving your changes as a new user style will help. A style contains track patch (instrument) assignments as well as initial volume, tone, panning and chorus settings.

Unfortunately, I don't believe anything used in each track insert is saved.
I'm sure you did this, but when you "Save As", if you haven't, make sure you check the box that says "Save All Settings with Songs".

Per the manual, "this includes RealTracks, RealDrums, and RealTracks solos as well as Patches, Volume, Audio and MIDI Reverb, Tone, Panning, Bank, Harmony (both Melody and Thru), and the Soloist."

If you did do this, and still have the problem, then you should report this to PGMusic, because track effects and track changes should be saved with you song.

I'll try to give this a try this evening to see if I can replicate it on my computer.
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have used freeze before to keep a generated solo track, though not to keep plugin settings... who knows?? Will look for style edit options as suggested... As my use of BIAB has been as a live performance platform, when songs change after working to get them sounding just right, that is a disappointment... like an unplanned senior moment, where it just seems to forget where we left off.
The freeze button in the mixer section for the track of interest works for saving the plugins and their settings for that track between sessions. I tried it and it works. Thanks for the suggestion...
© PG Music Forums