PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/18/16 11:03 AM
This might be of interest to some of you. smile
http://www.waves.com/cla-vocals
Posted By: dga Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/18/16 06:11 PM
This Plug-in does not work with Real Band according to PG support, works with almost every other DAW.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/19/16 06:11 AM
I saw that it was on sale yesterday, for a very good price! Back up to the regular price today. I was very tempted but pretty much have all the tools I need for vocals at this point from a variety of other waves plugins, so couldn't really justify it.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/19/16 08:58 AM
Not to disparage anyone from adding another plug in to their DAW..... but essentially, if you know what you're doing with a basic EQ, Compressor, and reverb, you have the 3 tools you'll need to get good clean vocals already. The delay and chorus are normally not needed for vocals and if you want those, there are generally plugs in the DAW for that as well.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/19/16 09:26 AM
I almost always use delay on vocal tracks.

Sometimes (not always!!) you get what you pay for, and in my experience the quality of the plugins I bought from waves are better than what came with my DAW (Adobe Audition).

Waves offer fully functional trial versions of all of their plugins, best thing to do is try them out and see for yourself if it is worth spending money on.
Posted By: dga Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/19/16 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Sometimes (not always!!) you get what you pay for, and in my experience the quality of the plugins I bought from waves are better than what came with my DAW (Adobe Audition).

Waves offer fully functional trial versions of all of their plugins, best thing to do is try them out and see for yourself if it is worth spending money on.

What am I doing wrong, I ALWAYS use echo/delay on my vocals. And a huge amount of doubling, created by TC-Helicon VL3 ext.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Waves CLA Vocals Plugin - 04/20/16 07:45 AM
Originally Posted By: dga
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

What am I doing wrong, I ALWAYS use echo/delay on my vocals. And a huge amount of doubling, created by TC-Helicon VL3 ext.

Don't know, I haven't heard any of your mixes smile The nice thing about delay is it can add more depth to the vocal without washing it out like reverb can, because the delay fades quite quickly compared to the reverb tails.

I use both delay and reverb, but very light on the reverb. And I don't use a huge amount of anything, if it is obviously there you are probably using too much.
© PG Music Forums