PG Music Home
Hi, Thanks for checking this out. I have a Latin piano part playing in a BB song that plays two variations within the song. The variations seem to happen randomly apart from the blue and green part markers on the chord sheet. Is there a way to manually assign the A & B parts to different areas within the song? In advance, thanks so much for your input!
Don,

Welcome to the forums.

Simply click on the bar number to change between Off, Blue, Green part markers. Green part markers activate a style variation that usually has more movement.

Here's a link to some PG Music produced videos that might help you on your journey, too.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Regards,
Noel
Don't let the other normal variations in that part fool you. Blue parts and green parts, in my experience tend to stay with what they are doing.
Also, remember that unless you turn it off in Song Settings (Vary Style In Middle Choruses), the middle choruses (2nd/3rd/etc time through the song) will play the B substyle (Green), regardless of your individual bar settings. This may be what you are experiencing.
Thanks so much for responding to my post! Your input is so much appreciated!
Hi,

To piggy back off of what John Ford said, I usually use the song form tool (under chord builder icon to the right) to lay out the song in its entirety, with blue for verses, and green for chorus, so I can have more control. Remember, with drums there are numerous selections that can impact the blue and green sections.

I could not exist without the song form tool. It is the key to my entire life as a songwriter.

My experience has been that the A settings apply to Verse (blue) and green sections apply to choruses but I stand to be corrected if I am wrong, but that is the way it has always worked for me. There is a significant rise of activity, lift and movement in green sections which is standard chorus fare.

Also, you can click on green several times to render a brown or purple setting that allows you to insert a completely different style for that.

Attached picture Song Form Dialogue.png
Attached picture Drums Choices.png
Never seen that before. I'll have a look when I get home. Amazing how these different features pop up from time to time.
Thanks again for your response!
© PG Music Forums