PG Music Home
Posted By: Robertkc Garritan install - 09/27/16 08:55 PM
I`m at a loss with getting the Aria player to work in RealBand- would someone with knowledge please share their settup?

I have the latest player & engine with World Instruments.
The standalone player works ok, but as a plugin I can`t find the settings for midi that will get the Aria player to work. Playback of midi is silent either by using Aria as the default or track by track. I am using the correct 32 bit version.

Robert
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Garritan install - 09/27/16 09:36 PM
Hi Robert,

Since none of the Garritan products are General MIDI-compatible, they'd be a bit tricky to get working as the default synth. Assigning them to individual tracks would be the easiest way to go.

After assigning Garritan to a track, you'll want to assign a sound to the correct slot on the Garritan interface, according to which MIDI channel is assigned to the track. If the track is on MIDI channel 3, you'll want to assign the sound you want to the third slot on the Garritan control panel.

If you keep having trouble, feel free to call our tech support line tomorrow. I don't have a copy of Garritan installed, but we should be able to get it working. The number is 1-866-983-2474, we'll be available 10AM-5PM PST.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Garritan install - 09/27/16 11:07 PM
Hi Kent,

Yes, that works! I missed the assigning midi channel step.
Thanks very much for your quick response.

Robert
Posted By: Mike. R. Re: Garritan install - 09/28/16 11:04 AM
Just add to Kent's reply - the Aria player can also play soundfonts as well as the Garritan libraries. I only figured this last week!

I never knew what the 'import' option was for in the Aria player, but that's what you can use, which means I can have my orchestral sounds and soundfonts combined from the same VSTi.
© PG Music Forums