PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Studio Quality USB Microphone & Interface - 10/06/16 03:13 PM
I'm aware many people don't trust USB microphones but this one is impressive. In addition to being a studio quality microphone, it also has a high impedence instrument input, line level input and midi in. The cost (around $650 US) is outside my price range but it definately would otherwise be worthy of consideration.

++ Lewitt DGT 650 USB Microphone ++
Thanks Jim. There isn't any technical reason why a USB microphone has to be cheap quality. It's just that vendors seem to have gone for that while taking advantage of the convenience of USB.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Studio Quality USB Microphone & Interface - 10/06/16 04:30 PM
That is an impressive unit.

Regards,

Bob
I've got a Blue mic at home, I'm not sure why there's a misconception about USB Mics being poor.

That being said, I do miss the XLR port.
The snowball line from BLUE uses electret style condenser mics.

I paid way less than 600 for a combination of my Focusrite 18i8 and a good quality condenser. I don't want all of that stuff in my mic.

I do have a cheap Samson USB D amid mic that also has XLR out and a headphone out. Paid $39 for it at Target. It's a decent SM 58 clone. I've used it one time via USB.
What looks attractive is that it is iOS.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Studio Quality USB Microphone & Interface - 10/19/16 11:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Mat - PG Music
I've got a Blue mic at home, I'm not sure why there's a misconception about USB Mics being poor.

I think the reason is that the first USB Mics were terrible. They sounded like manufacturers took those $5 computer mics and put them into a real mic case!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Mat - PG Music

I think the reason is that the first check these guys out USB Mics were terrible. They sounded like manufacturers took those $5 computer mics and put them into a real mic case!

That's because they did!
$400 will get you two very nice MXL phantom powered XLR mics and a Focusrite Scarlett 212 interface.
© PG Music Forums