PG Music Home
I'm thinking of purchasing the full version of this software which converts my elec gtr signal to midi notes. The trial version lets me record to ProTools by selecting "Virtual Midi Out" on the Midi Gtr software, and selecting Midi Gtr I as the input on a midi channel in Pro Tools.

But I really want to record midi gtr data directly into BIAB, but cannot figure out the way to set midi parameters on BIAB to get a connection happening. Everything is fine from the the Midi Guitar 2 end - after all ProTools receives it- but even when I turn ProTools off, I still can't see a way of selecting the "virtual" midi output from Midi Gtr 2 to be routed to BIAB's midi input.

Even if you have no experience with Midi Gtr software, could I be missing something obvious with the Midi settings /? (very confusing btw...)

Thanks!
I am going to assume that you have the Jam Origin MIDI guitar software.

According to their web page
http://www.jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

you need to use the VST version.

I do not record in BiaB so I will pass on trying to tell you how to record from a VST and let someone who has explain how to do it.

My question is why try this in BiaB? I take the tracks from BiaB and plug them into my DAW, Sonar, and I do all of my MIDI recordings there. Since you have Pro Tools that is where I would record if I were you.

If Pro Tools is not a good for MIDI recording, I have no experience with it so I don't know, and if you have the Windows version of BiaB I would record in RealBand then move everything over to Pro Tools. I am not a heavy user of RealBand so again I will leave the recording explanation to those pros who use it.

BiaB is a fantastic backing track program but it is not a DAW.
What MarioD said about "why record in BIAB" if you are using Pro tools or ANY DAW? Sorry, BIAB is NOT a a very good recording tool - it is a PRIMO SONG GENERATING tool!

But if you insist then your incoming MIDI from MG2 (If you do mean Jam Origins MIDI Guitar 2 - I own and use it along with most other MIDI guitar methods both HW and SW but I NEVER record MIDI in BIAB) you need to:

1. Pick your SOFTWARE virtual MIDI out from within Jam Origins MG2, then

2. configure BIAB (just like you would Pro tools) to use that virtual software MIDI-in (like LoopBe, you can also use MIDI OX to do virtual patching/routing on PC), then

3. finally, note that BIAB ONLY records INCOMING MIDI to either the MELODY or SOLOIST tracks- which track is selected by you at time you hit the Record MIDI button, it defaults to melody track

Larry
Great info guys. Thanks!
© PG Music Forums