PG Music Home
Hi All
Looking for help
When I export a realtrack from Realband to Reaper(im trying it out for the first time)the track sounds considerably worse flangey or wah wah(sounds like its had a hard night)
I understand from a previous post a while back that it could be something to do with EQ and that realtracks have added reverb built in.
The track is close to bpm of song and plays well in audacity.
Ive looked at preferences in Realband and their seems to be no effects turned on in Reaper either.
Any advice welcome
Thanks Hugh
Bit Rate mismatch?
Maybe try setting Reaper to 16/44 before importing.
Hi Rharv,
I just had a look and its set at 16/44 maybe il put it up to 32 and see what happens.Its a good bit off for some reason as in unusable.I'l mess around with bit rate and see what happens but it must be a Reaper setting im thinking thanks Hugh
Hi
So i imported an mp3 and into Reaper and it had heavy reverb and flange so its not the Realtracks its everything so it must be a Reaper setting im guessing,Il find it its just a matter of time ,i hope
Yours Hugh
Hugh,

I have used Reaper for a number of years now. It's excellent software. It sounds like you might have saved the audio file with acidized information and that Reaper's tempo is set differently from RB's tempo.

To test this theory.... under "Project Settings" in Reaper, set the project's tempo (BPM) and Time Signature to be exactly the same as tempo in Realband. To do this, follow the 1, 2, 3, 4 on the below image.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. If you click on the 'Audios on Soundcloud' link in my signature you can hear some of my songs. All these have audio tracks sent from both Realband and BIAB to Reaper.

Attached picture Project settings 1.JPG
Hi Noel
Thanks for that I checked it and that was ok but I Kept going and found out that it was under Options/Preferences/Audio Device Settings/Audio System and I changed the setting on that and the sound was the same as Realband etc
I am watching those Groove 3 videos about Reaper and am looking forward to doing a project I have.Im impressed Reaper I have to say ,
Thanks Again Guys
Hugh
Hugh,

I'm glad to hear it's sorted. Out curiosity, and for future reference, when you say...

Quote:
Thanks for that I checked it and that was ok but I Kept going and found out that it was under Options/Preferences/Audio Device Settings/Audio System and I changed the setting on that

...what specific setting did you change it to? ASIO?

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel
I went back over my steps just to see what I did differently,
So I have it now installed directly on my laptop and on my external harddrive.Originally I put it on the laptop and it wasnt working correctly and then I installed on my Exteral hardrive .The difference seems to be that when I installed on my External HD it gave me the option regarding the Audio Device Settings which the Laptop installation did not.
I have since re installed on my Laptop and it still didnt give me the option to set my Audio Device and still isnt working correctly.
However thats not conclusive because when I look at both settings on both intallations they are the same!
Im going to now install on my Laptop unchecking some of the component funcions
Yours Hugh
Hi Noel
Just unchecked function components on installation and made no difference.Somehow the sound is going through a different route when installed on the Laptop and it has to be the Audio Devices Setup in some way.
If it were easy their would be no reward!
Hugh
Hi Hugh

Besides the settings issues, did you take each track to reaper individually?
When i started with BIAB, I took the long way round and mixed everything down to .wav and imported the entire file to reaper with very disappointing results.

Since then I copy the tracks individually and import the tracks to reaper which allows for individual track FX settings and EQ

Since the I am a happy camper
Hi Wobbly

I had a just dragged them across individually from the drop zone in Realband and then I noticed that you can drag them across straight.I took any effects I had on the tracks in Realband off them before dragging.I think you right you need to able to use the Reaper effects.
I beginning to like Reaper now that im meddling around with it,
Yours Hugh
© PG Music Forums