PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/04/17 10:24 AM
Any body have this mixer ?

I have tried a few forums and internet trawling, to see how if possible, I can record my vocals with the multimix fx.

All I seem to get is a dry vocal, though I do hear the fx in my voice as I am recording.

I use sonar and acid for my daw.

Any help appreciated.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/04/17 01:58 PM
I don't have one but am very impressed with what I've seen on +++ the Alesis Website +++. This would be a great device for anyone fortunate enough to have a dedicated DAW focused recording space and lots of microphones or equipment to connect to a computer.

The product description says in part "Reverb, Delay or Phaser can be dialed up simply by adjusting the pre- or post-fader knobs located within each channel strip." I am most impressed with the statement, "you can send 10 channels (8 input channels plus the 2-Track input) individually to the computer, at up to 24-bit, 96 kHz resolution." If you enjoy recording, that is GREAT! I noticed it is reasonably priced from $50 to $100 however it is a discontinued product so it will be harder and harder to find one until they're all gone.

I noticed the replacement unit is USB compliant so it does not require computer drivers, however, it also looses the eight channel USB outputs.

Firmware updates, computer drivers and manuals are available by clicking the downloads button and then selecting what you want to download.

The user manual shows that the MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 internal effects processor has its own sub-mixer. The internal effects sub-mixer controls are the channel "SEND FX" (#26) knobs and "RETURN FX" (# 29) knob. Each "SEND FX" knob (# 26) sends that channel's signal to the internal effects processor. Adjusting the "SEND FX" knobs balances the overall blend and volume level of the signals to the internal effects processor. The "RETURN FX" knob (# 29) adjusts the internal effects processor output volume level. Press the "MAIN TO MONITOR" button and the internal effects mixer output will be heard through the headphones jack.

Notice from this description the effects signal is sent to the headphone jack, not to the main output or USB (computer) outputs. The purpose of the effects are to enhance what you hear while you're recording, the effects are not intended to be recorded.

Attached picture mm8usb2.0_fx_ortho_web_lg.jpg
Posted By: beatmaster Re: alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/04/17 04:45 PM
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply and the image you sent.

Its funny when someone else gives their take on something, How then you see or look at things differently.

I have got it recording with the fx now.

It was the track you select in sonar and to where you send it.

I changed this to stereo main out on the drop down and well it, worked.

cheers
Posted By: beatmaster Re: alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/04/17 04:49 PM
Just to add I have my main leads from the alesis in the monitor output not the main.

You can do it through the main as well its the changes in the individual channel strips in sonar that need set.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/05/17 02:00 PM
Excellent! I'm glad the mixer is working as you hoped it would. I was very impressed with what little I read. Is your mixer the older one that offers eight USB audio inputs or the current one? I think having eight, digital audio inputs would be absolutely awesome. Obtaining the eight for $50 to $100 would be outstanding!

There are numerous Sonar users on this forum that also frequent Cakewalk's forum. I use Music Creator 6. What version of Sonar do you use?
Posted By: beatmaster Re: alesis multimix8 usb2.0 fx - 08/05/17 05:55 PM
Hi Larry

I bought the older one for 60 gbp.

Almost new in the box, it is a great wee mixer decent fx and some belt off the vocals.

I use sonar artist though I was thinking upgrading to professional purely for the extra vst plugins.

I find here in Britain more and more bargains like this come up microphones, preamps, audio interfaces. all the home setup stuff is coming available more often when they have neither or hardly been out the box.

Must be something in the air. ?
© PG Music Forums