PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 10/04/17 11:21 PM
There is a non profit website called +++ Mix Challenge +++ that sponsors a monthly mixing exercise.

The site needs songs! If your interested you can find out more +++ HERE +++
Posted By: Noel96 Re: -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 10/04/17 11:40 PM
Jim,

While this is a great concept, and I'm interested, do you have any idea how copyright is handled in these challenges?

I'm assuming that those who donate material do not lose all claim to the copyright ownership of their songs and tracks but I cannot seem to find any mention of this on the site.

In addition to this, the people who undertake mixing the song are also entitled to secure their mixing with their own copyright. This could make for a bit of a legal nightmare if the original writer who submitted the material wishes to sell his or her song.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 10/05/17 12:56 PM
Noel,

Good question. The site has a forum with a section entitled +++ Mix Challenge - Rules & Guidelines +++.

As far as I can tell the song creator retains ownership right to the song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 10/05/17 04:36 PM
Thanks, Jim. I had a look through the site but didn't stumble across that information.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 10/05/17 10:46 PM
Your welcome Noel. I hadn't not run across the information or given any thought to the legal ramifications until you asked so I had to search the site.

There is also a +++ CONTACT +++ page with forum links and a message center.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: -- Mix Challenge Needs Songs To Mix -- - 02/04/24 06:29 PM
Bump
© PG Music Forums