PG Music Home
Posted By: Hugh2 IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/05/17 08:37 PM
Hi
All just checkin out the new Izotope bundle and it looks cool.Alot of new features it seems.I have alot of time for Izotope I have to say ,everything from the UI to the education these products give are amazing.Has anyone bought it yet?Hugh

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4qrTjtDa1gIVzZPtCh3w4AiOEAAYASAAEgIuR_D_BwE
Posted By: Noel96 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/05/17 09:04 PM
I'm a huge Ozone fan too.

If anyone is interested in upgrading from earlier versions, here are the upgrade prices.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone/pricing.html
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/05/17 09:09 PM
I’ve been using Ozone from the beginning. Used in moderation, it’s amazing and essential. I haven’t upgraded yet. I found the presets in version 6 weren’t as flexible as in version 5 and I stopped upgrading. Based on your post, I’ll take another look.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 12:32 AM
Anyone using Neutron yet? I have the latest bundle (before Neutron) with Ozone 7 advanced and I am sure I "need" Ozone 8 advanced but Neutron advanced seems very interesting. especially the visual mixer. If I just upgrade to Ozone 8 advanced it'll set me back $150 but $300 gets me Ozone 8 advanced and Neutron advanced. My kids' inheritance keeps shrinking!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 05:39 AM
John,

David Snyder (at least I think it was David) was singing Neutron's praises a couple of weeks ago. (I can't seem to locate his post, though).

Janice And Bud also used it in this song.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: David Snyder Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 03:50 PM

Yes, I heard my name being used so I thought I would pop in and see what was up.

smile

Yes, I do think Neutron elements is wicked cool. I have so many plug ins I almost hesitated at another plug in but I use the Neutron percussive preset now (with a few other things) on Real Drums every time and it really brings them to life. WAY punchier. Brings out the skin and the smack, as they say.

I love the way it analyzes your track and suggests the starting point. Great on many instruments, but I can't live without it now for drums.

And considering I got it free (I think, or maybe $29) I have no plans of giving it back.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 04:47 PM
David, sorry to sidetrack here:

Did you first try adjusting the Tone slider in the mixer for RealDrums? Many do not realize it is there (you have to widen the mixer), nor realize the affect it can have to brighten the drums considerably. And if you are aware of that, do you then leave it at zero and do the tonal adjustments in Neutron? Just curious. Thanks.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 08:03 PM
Thank you Noel! I will check out Janice and Bud's song!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 08:05 PM
Thanks David! I never cared much for Alloy 2 so I'd just use Ozone during mixing. But Neutron really interested me, especially that visual mixer and the integration with Ozone 8.

I think Izotope is gonna get another $300 from me!
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 08:42 PM
Hi Back Again
So I had Ozone 7 and Neutron and I downloaded the trial version of Nuetron 2,
It is safe to say its really great.They have a plugin called a Visual Mixer and its brilliant.I put it on the Master bus and wherever Nuetron is on a track it appears in the Visual Mixer and you can mess about with Pan,Stereo width and volume for all tracks with Nuetron on the one window.
It makes the Mix I had done sound like its Mastered already clarity wise.
As I am relatively new to production I am easily impressed I admit but after BIAB this is the best product ive tried.I know I have to spend money on other things but......back to robbin banks to fund my music addiction lol
Posted By: David Snyder Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 09:21 PM
Thanks Matt!

Awesome!!!

Like you said, I never knew that was there. Gee, I wish I had known that three years ago!!

Oh, well, better late them never.

Anyway, it works great but I can still see using some Neutron and other stuff I have anyway, they do even more to "bring those skins to life"--that's the best way I can put it.

But thanks for the most important find I have had in the past three years.

Doh.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 10:07 PM
Matt, is there a completely dry setting? If I'm planning to process in the mix in my DAW I think I'd prefer purely dry.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/06/17 10:17 PM
JohnJohnJohn,

You can use the RealDrums picker or right click sub menu to list variations for each drum track. Not all do but some of the RealDrum tracks are available without effects. The best example I'm aware of is the surf music drum tracks with the heavy reverberation.
Posted By: sslechta Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/07/17 12:36 PM
I'll be upgrading Ozone7 Advanced to Ozone8 Advanced for $149.
Posted By: rharv Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/07/17 07:09 PM
For me it seems pretty much a no-brainer. Thanks! smile
Posted By: lambada Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/08/17 01:13 AM
I've got this offer:

Upgrade from Music Production Bundle 2 Reg. $499
$299 USD through October 31, 2017
Upgrade to Music Production Suite and get new products including Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and RX 6 Standard.

Learn More about Music Production Suite

I think I'll pass as I've only just bought the previous Music Production Bundle 2. However, I'm wondering if I'm wasting precious time learning an older product? Let me know if you guys think it's way better and easier. I'm assuming it's more automated etc.

Hugh2, you sound well impressed. grin
Posted By: David Snyder Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/10/17 05:37 PM
JohnJohnJohn,

One of the first things a friend advised me to do in BIAB 2014 was to turn off all the reverb on drums with the reverb slider if I wanted to export them dry and add my own reverb.

I have no idea what it took me 3 years to find the tone slider Matt pointed out but I guess we will save that for another forum.

wink

Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/12/17 08:40 PM
Hi Back again with an update
Ive been trying out Nuetron 2 on trial and it was super and I have just started messing about with Ozone 8 and it absolutely amazing even compares to Ozone 7.
A few things stand out so far the Reference Track which basically models ur track around the reference track and a tonal balance plugin that matches the overall tone to something im not quite sure yet.
Also with Ozone 8 the plugins on the mix communicate with the Nuetron plugins and this is exciting because you can kinda I think go back into the mix easier to fix things that are wrong in the master.
Also I see if you are upgrading they brought the price down 100 dollars to 199 for the ozone 8/nuetron 2 advanced bundle.
Alot of the plugins got upgraded too for instance you can set the Luffs threshold on the Maximizer and the plugin finds the right amount on compression required.
Yeah just love it and again Ive heard all the experts say that if its a bad mix its a bad mix and I think that still totally holds through.I tried a really bad mix and it still sounded awful lol even on this programme,Interested if anyone has had time to check it out a bit Hugh
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi Back again with an update
Ive been trying out Nuetron 2 on trial and it was super and I have just started messing about with Ozone 8 and it absolutely amazing even compares to Ozone 7.
A few things stand out so far the Reference Track which basically models ur track around the reference track and a tonal balance plugin that matches the overall tone to something im not quite sure yet.
Also with Ozone 8 the plugins on the mix communicate with the Nuetron plugins and this is exciting because you can kinda I think go back into the mix easier to fix things that are wrong in the master.
Also I see if you are upgrading they brought the price down 100 dollars to 199 for the ozone 8/nuetron 2 advanced bundle.
Alot of the plugins got upgraded too for instance you can set the Luffs threshold on the Maximizer and the plugin finds the right amount on compression required.
Yeah just love it and again Ive heard all the experts say that if its a bad mix its a bad mix and I think that still totally holds through.I tried a really bad mix and it still sounded awful lol even on this programme,Interested if anyone has had time to check it out a bit Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Where did you see they brought the price down another $100 for O8/N2? I just checked and it is still saying $299. Although prepared to send them $300 I'd much prefer to only send $200! laugh
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 07:33 PM
Hi John,
Wait off its definitely gone down from 299 to 199 for the upgrade.I think I got an email saying "we listened to you".I'l check see where that link is and come back to you,I tried to buy today at 199 but had a problem with address verification,Hug
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 07:42 PM
Hi John
I got this email and I cant link it to you but if you log on its there.Its the bundle not the Production Suite so basically as far as I can see without the RX Standard.Hugh

You spoke, we listened: We've lowered the upgrade price for O8N2 Bundle

Effective today through October 31, you can now upgrade to the O8N2 Bundle for the introductory price of $199. The O8N2 Bundle includes Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in. You still have the option of getting the Music Production Suite with RX 6 Standard for $299.
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 07:52 PM
Hi Lambada,
I think their is enough difference between the last Ozone and Nuetron to the O8N2 to upgrade.Am impressed especially with the ability to copy a reference track and not to have to worry about getting the final Volume correct,you can just copy some one elses lol.Also you have a better idea how the master is going to come out before you actually do it as Ozone and Neutron begin to communicate but the one I like the very most is the Visual Plugin where the panning plan is all on one visual and u can change where everything is straight away and also change the stereo with of all tracks so easy,Hugh
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 07:58 PM
Hi Also did find one fault with Izotope is the customer service,not even in the same ball park as Pgmusic.Pgmusic sets the bench mark for customer service,really impressive and the helpful forum members Hugh
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi John,
Wait off its definitely gone down from 299 to 199 for the upgrade.I think I got an email saying "we listened to you".I'l check see where that link is and come back to you,I tried to buy today at 199 but had a problem with address verification,Hug

Thanks Hugh!

Yes, please post the link when you can. I'd love to save an extra $100! (Of course, that will go to PG in a couple of months!)
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 08:54 PM
I just checked again after loggin in and they are not giving me the offer for $199...dunno why.

Further, I thought maybe I'd just go ahead with the Music Production Bundle 2 offer at $299 since it appeares to contain O8/N2 along with several others. But, when I add that to my cart it then indicates this bundle includes O7/N1 instead of the latest.

Thoroughly confused now and might not buy anything. Nice going Izotope!
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 10:35 PM
Hi John
I logged in to my account by pressing "my account" email and password and then I went to upgrade coupon then I got a list of coupons and the first had this on it

Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2
Reg. $299
$199 USD through October 31, 2017

Crossgrade to the O8N2 Bundle and get both Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and the Tonal Balance Control plug-in that connects them both for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow.

THE Coupon had a "buy now" option.Hope that works Hugh
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/13/17 10:58 PM
Hi Hugh,

I logged into my account and clicked Upgrade Coupons but the deal they are offering me is different. Maybe because I own Ozone 7 Advanced, Nectar 2 Suite and Music Production Bundle 1 but not previously owned Neutron nor Music Production Bundle 2. I have several offers but this is the best O8/N2 offer I have,

Loyalty Crossgrade from Advanced Products
Reg. $699
Crossgrade to the O8N2 Bundle and get both Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and the Tonal Balance Control plug-in that connects them both for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow.

They are also offering me an upgrade to Music Production Bundle 2 but that appears to contain O7 and others I already have. The confusing part is when you click the ReadMore link on the Music Production Bundle 2 link it takes you to the current Music Production Suite (with O8/N2)!

So, it looks like the best I am gonna get is O8/N2 for $299.

Thanks so much for your help!

-John
Posted By: lambada Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 01:17 AM
Yes, their email to me was quite apologetic for the confusion. I think the $299 deal is worthwhile for Nector 2 Suite which has far more functionality than Nector standard. I'm a bit pissed that RX standard is no different. It would have been nice to throw in the Advanced RX, still I didn't realise you can use RX to alter tracks (like iZotope Trash) rather than just fixed problems. RX advanced looks very special (but isn't included). Ozone 8 advanced and Neutron 2 advanced seem worthwhile in themselves and I suspect getting the suite will place us in a better position for other upgrades. Who knows. Still $299 is quite a hefty output... I just don't won't to have to put up with poor quality mixing and mastering given my limited knowledge and ability. It's priceless if you love writing songs and producing them. Same as I always shell out for BIAB/Realband. Plenty of junk around here I never use!:-)
Posted By: lambada Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 01:53 AM
Hey, I now get both of these offers!
Buy Now
Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2
Reg. $299

$199 USD through October 31, 2017

(O8N2 combines two award-winning product lines for mixing and mastering with new futuristic metering and analysis tools. Get Neutron 2 Advanced, Ozone 8 Advanced, and Tonal Balance Control, the industry’s first visual analysis tool that allows you to control any instance of Ozone 8 or Neutron 2 Equalizer across your session.)

Upgrade from Music Production Bundle 2
Reg. $499

Upgrade to Music Production Suite and get new products including Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and RX 6 Standard.

(Music Production Suite combines six of the most powerful music production tools in iZotope’s portfolio—Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, RX 6 Standard, VocalSynth, Nectar 2 Production Suite, and Trash 2 Expanded—into a go-to collection of the industry’s best mixing, mastering, vocal production, and audio repair tools. Includes 34 plug-ins!)
Posted By: lambada Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 02:02 AM
I went the $299 path (sigh).
Posted By: lambada Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 09:24 AM
Well, having downloaded it and played around a bit, I have to say it's amazing, except for the fact that my poor (not very) old PC keeps freezing and locking up. The processor and memory seem fine. Admittedly, I've got Neutron 2 on every track and Ozone 8 on the Master and Neutron 2 visual mixing in Reaper but could be I need some more RAM or a better processor? cry I'll have a play with the BIOS options and get a bit more grunt out of it.... wink Reaper has about 80 threads running (whatever they are) and my E drive (which is USB connected) is at 100%. Not sure why?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 10:28 AM
Bounce each of the tracks with Neutron to audio.

A disk drive needs at least 15% free space to avoid thrashing.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 11:26 AM

Yep. Matt you are right sir.

I have a pretty good set up but on my more "adventurous" stuff that can have up to 48 tracks (all with VSTs going), I have to do it in two stages with effects.

1. I start with no effects, and just put the effects I need (no master bus effects mind you) on the instrument tracks and get a perfect mix of that bed then export.

2. I do the same with vocals.

3.) I go to a mastering template. I either do:

A.) A mix of vocal bed and instrument bed

B.) A mix of instrument bed with 3 or four vocal tracks using different effects on those different vocals tracks.

C. A and B plus I may double the drums or guitar, or whatever seems to have gotten lost in the mix.

Adding last minute effects to these beds, or the master, judiciously, I am able to get the sound I want and the computer doesn't crash.

Pus it sounds much cleaner and crisper.

Plus, if I decide six months I want to change the mix six months later, I am fiddling with four or five tracks max (sometimes only 2 or 3) and not 48.

smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 11:30 AM
Thanks for the example confirming this, David. I get one right every few years.

[By 'export', David is saying the same thing - save the track with effects to audio, which in effect freezes the track but removes the load on the processor for the real-time processing of effects on that track. This is referred to as 'bounce to track'. I like to do that for each track since many individual audio tracks do not stress the processor since there are no effects. Then mute each of the original tracks with effects but save them with the project in case of future adjustment. Work only with audio tracks from there on, and put the final effects on the master bus.]
Posted By: MarioD Re: IZOTOPE OZONE 8 - 10/14/17 12:31 PM
I bounce to tracks all of my MIDI tracks to audio tracks and all of my audio tracks with my final effects.

Also I never use the individual effects that are included with many VSTis and MIDI tracks. I use dry tracks when I bounce to tracks. This way all of my effects are from similar sources. This is especially helpful when if pertains to reverb. Individual track reverbs can be very different but when the tracks are bounced dry I can use the same reverb for all tracks.
YMMV
© PG Music Forums