PG Music Home
Posted By: casak BIAB and SONAR - 12/11/17 10:08 AM
Is it possible to transfer BIAB audio or midi tracks to Sonar?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/11/17 10:33 AM
Oh yes!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/11/17 09:08 PM
Band-in-a-Box has a feature called "dropzone"to facilitate moving midi or audio tracks between BiaB and alsmost any DAW.

Step-by-step instructions are available +++ HERE +++ courtesy of user Noel96.
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/11/17 09:21 PM
You can use the dropzone but I have sometimes found it simpler to simply open BiaB/PT/RB and set it to the left half of the screen, then
open the DAW and set it to the right half of the screen (or vice versa)

.. then simply drag the tracks from PGMusic software to the DAW.
In the image below I had selected a track in Powertracks, clicked the Track number and held it, then dragged to Reaper.
Done
The audio was imported cleanly (stereo tracks were imported as stereo, and mono tracks imported as mono)
Track by Track they imported to another DAW quickly/efficiently.

I've done the same from Realband, I don't recall the last time I took tracks directly from BiaB, but I would suspect it works much the same.

Attached picture dragToReaper.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/11/17 09:31 PM
I still use DAW mode and drag the tracks, which just makes Rharv’s method easier but is not essential.

Anyway, I thought this might be a presale question, because the question was only if it were possible. Yes, it is possible. There are several methods.
Posted By: Takamine Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/12/17 01:29 PM
I use "export all tracks as Wav" which creates individual track files out of BIAB. I then drag the generated WAV files into my DAW, Studio One. I've found Studio One doesn't play nicely with other audio apps running at the same time. So this way allows me to export from BIAB, close the app and the open the DAW. Works for me.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/12/17 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Takamine
I use "export all tracks as Wav" which creates individual track files out of BIAB. I then drag the generated WAV files into my DAW, Studio One. I've found Studio One doesn't play nicely with other audio apps running at the same time. So this way allows me to export from BIAB, close the app and the open the DAW. Works for me.

This is a very good method. It is what you would do with other audio programs = standard practice.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/12/17 03:53 PM
they already told you yes but here is a video, just in case

http://demos.pgmusic.com/video/bbw/bbw_dragdropDAW.mp4
good luck
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: BIAB and SONAR - 12/16/17 04:25 PM
100% of my music is done that very way.

BB >>> RB >>> Sonar

I export the tracks as waves to a folder named for the song. everything to do with that song ends up in that folder including the lyrics, BB & RB files, individual tracks and final exported waves. That makes it easy to find in the future and to create my backup with a simple copy to another drive.
© PG Music Forums