PG Music Home
I would like to use the C1-U Bheringer condenser microphone which has a USB output and attach it to an external U-PHORIA UMC202HD bheringer sound card which has only CANNON or JACK input ... how can I do? Is there any solution?

Attached picture Cattura001.JPG
Attached picture Cattura002.JPG
No. It has no analog output. You have to use the two different usb devices independently
Nooooo what a tragedy!! .... if I attack this micro at the USB port of the PC and I want to hear my voice on the headphones while I register, I feel an unacceptable latency. If instead, as for other microphones, I could attach it to the external sound card this latency is not heard.

how can I do?
The U in the model number indicates the USB interface is built-in. The same Behringer microphone is available as a standard, condenser microphone. +++ HERE +++ is an example. You'll likely have to spend additional funds for a cable.

If you want to stick with the USB interface then find a microphone that has a built-in headphone jack for real time monitoring. I have the +++ Samson Go +++ microphone and have been very impressed with the sound quality. It uses built-in Windows USB drivers and the black base is a metal spring clip that clips to a microphone stand.

If you're interested in the Tracktion DAW software, Tracktion T6 is available for free direct from the software developer. You can find Tracktion T6 +++ HERE +++
I was thinking of using 2 microphones: that usb to record and another mic connected to the sound card to listen to the voice over the headphones during the recording.
Jim I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The Behringer interface has direct monitoring. He should not be buying a microphone with a headphone output on it. That’s what the direct monitor feature of the sound card is for
The reason I am disagreeing may just be a word order thing. When you say usb interface, I assume you mean the Behringer audio interface, not the mic
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Jim I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The Behringer interface has direct monitoring. He should not be buying a microphone with a headphone output on it. That’s what the direct monitor feature of the sound card is for

rockstar_not,

We both agree the USB microphone can not plug into the USB audio interface.

I think your thoughts and my thoughts diverged because cubalibre's question and follow up response implied he is looking to purchase a condenser microphone and the follow up indicated he is worried about latency. Two different subjects. Therefore I gave him two options.

Option 1 was stick with a USB condenser microphone but get one that has direct monitoring capability. Then the audio interface is not needed.

Option 2 was get a traditional condenser microphone (and cable) and connect to the audio interface instead of a computer USB port. Then the audio interface provides a direct monitoring headphone jack.

If cubalibre encounters a situation where two performers are recording at the same time (for instance a singer and a musician playing an instrument) it might be handy to have two direct monitoring headphone jacks. If he is recording just a vocalist with a USB microphone then having a microphone with a direct monitoring headphone jack eliminates the need for the audio interface.

I think ultimately you and I are on the same page.
Set up the interface properly - it has, as said, a direct monitoring capability - you just press the button and wear headphones so there'll be no latency to the cans when recording.
USB mics aren't great for much - easy but not flash. The C1 XLR isn't too bad at all & it will use the AD converter in the interface rather than a, probably, lesser quality one thta'd be inside the USB mic.
C1 XLR into interface with phantom power ON (rear of interface) and Direct Monitor ON will set you up well.
IF you want two or more people listening during recording (singer plus engineer for example) you can buy a Behringer headphone amp that will cover that REALLY well for as little as $30 and a better 4 way one that'll accept two different mixes for $70.
LEARN how to use the gear.
You're trying to use 2 sound cards.... you're going to have clock sync and other sorts of issues.

In short, what you have already been told.... IT WON'T WORK.... is correct. You can not get a USB mic to plug into a soundcard or interface. That puts 2 sound cards in series and that doesn't work.

The only way to do what you want is to buy a real mic that is a straight up condenser and sell the USB mic to someone else or use it for podcasting. I'd suggest using it as a boat anchor but it's probably not heavy enough. Due to how it all works and relates to the hardware and software, it's difficult to get a USB mic to work properly with a DAW. Not impossible, just difficult.

just my 2 cents
© PG Music Forums