PG Music Home
Posted By: prasopal666 MIDI import - 01/22/18 01:24 PM
I have MIDI file with melody two bars long. I want to melody starts in third bar. How I should import MIDI file?
Posted By: jford Re: MIDI import - 01/22/18 02:02 PM
Wow, that's a short melody. smile

I'm presuming you mean with Band-in-a-Box, but it's not clear from the forum you posted this in and the text of your request.

Anyway, in BIAB I would go to "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Import Melody from MIDI File". Then on the screen that pops up, you can select the channels you want (if you know which channel it's on, otherwise, just select all channels and you can later remove any channels you don't want by using the Melody Track Sequencer feature). Then, I would set the "# blank bars to insert at beginning" to 4 (that's 2 bars for the BIAB count-in, plus 2 more bars to bring you to the beginning of bar 3. If you want "only" those first two bars of the MIDI file, you can also set "How many bars to import?" to 2. Look at the other check boxes and check/uncheck the things you want from the MIDI file.

Hope that helps.

I do this all the time by importing MIDI data I create from my notation program to bring into BIAB.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MIDI import - 01/22/18 02:26 PM
I recommend you follow John's method, but there is a way to shift a MIDI melody. If you want to do that and need help, let us know.
© PG Music Forums