PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Midi Controller 64 issue - 02/01/18 01:17 PM
Greetings Forum Friends,

I've been wrestling with a technical issue regarding the sustain pedal and midi controller 64. When I record from my midi keyboard, I use the sustain pedal. However, on playback through Coyote Wavetable or Sampletank 2.5 the action of the sustain pedal is usually not replicated. I have found only one synth on Coyote WT that uses the controller 64 input. I can see that the midi instructions for controller 64 (sustain pedal) have been recorded using the piano roll window.

Any ideas why they don't work on other synth patches? I'd really like them to work in Sampletank since the piano patches sound so much better.

Thanks for your help

SpaceDog
Posted By: jford Re: Midi Controller 64 issue - 02/01/18 01:57 PM
Probably not the problem, but on the MIDI Record screen, be sure to click the "Filter" button and make sure the check box for "Sustain Pedal (Controller 64)" is checked.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Midi Controller 64 issue - 02/01/18 09:28 PM
According to the 1K Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 user manual you have to manually associate MIDI CC's. Take a look a section 3.6 MIDI CTL association on pages 36 & 37 of the manual for step-by-step instructions.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Midi Controller 64 issue - 02/03/18 01:15 AM
John, Jim,

Thanks guys. I think I have it now. Jim's answer proved SampleTank was in fact responding to the Midi Control 64 commands. It seems the choppiness was being caused by various other envelop settings. The darn thing gives so much control you'll never get it right!

SD
© PG Music Forums