PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/20/18 03:36 PM

Does anyone know how to enable input monitoring in BIAB? The purpose is to use Amplitube WHILE jamming along with tunes.

I know how to do this in Real Band (or any other DAW) but can't seem to find the buttons in BIAB.

In Real Band you choose "Input Monitor" insert from edit VST/DXI then choose Amplitube from one of the drop downs.

I have been to the audio panel options in BIAB for recording and see "enable real time VSTs" but it does not give me the amp sound when I play, only if I record on playback.

Is there a way to do this in BIAB?

I merely want to use Amplitube while I am jamming and don't want to open every song in RB to do so.

Thanks if anyone knows how and sorry if I am being stupid.

FYI, I am using a Focusrite audio interface.
Posted By: jford Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/20/18 06:11 PM
I may be wrong, but I suspect you may only be able to do this by inserting Ampitube on the Thru track, but I believe that will be strictly for MIDI input (and I believe you would need to put it in the second slot to do so). I don't think there is an input monitor for live audio coming in. You can record live audio, then apply Amplitube to the audio track in the VST/DX Synths/Plugins window, but that's after the fact. I don't think it will work, but what happens if you go ahead and put it in the Audio Track plugin window there?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/20/18 06:31 PM
Thanks John,

Still experimenting...

It would be killer to be able to use Amplitube while jamming in BIAB...let me keep fiddling...

Maybe a wish list item?

Tech says it is not a feature but they will add it to wish list for review

I sure wish I had it, that would be sweet and save A LOT of time when I am trying to figure out the styles and sounds I want before I go into Real Band.

smile
Posted By: DIOECHOOTO Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/30/18 04:04 PM
David, you can just run Amplitube in either standalone mode or through your DAW as a plugin, and also run BIAB...and then jam along. If I've understood you, that's all you're looking to do anyway. I just tried it and it works just fine. Well, to be honest I only tried the DAW way, not the standalone (because when I tried standalone I got a message that I needed to match the i/o sample rates or something...not wanting to mess with that right now; mind you this is using Amplitube 4.4... a free version...all you have to do is register the product...and as luck would have it, I did just that just last night, and then saw your post this afternoon) but I can't imagine that wouldn't work as well.

Hope this helps, brother

TL;DR? the short version: just run both programs at once
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/31/18 11:58 AM
OK, let me try that man. Thanks a lot. Both programs at once eh?

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/31/18 12:23 PM
DIOECHOOTO,

Man, Hey this works, super cool.

You know what is cool about this. Doing it your way you can RECORD a solo along with BIAB if you find yourself doing something really hot, without all the fuss of loading up real tracks and long as the BPM is set the same and you start from the click.

I have not tested it yet, but I bet it will work just fine. You can add the BIAB tracks later if you feel like it.

You might have to slide that solo track a bit if it is slightly out of sync but I bet it will work.

Going to test it now.

smile

Thanks man!!!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Enable Input Monitoring in BIAB?? - 03/31/18 12:52 PM
UH, WOW.

Yeah, it works fine. You do have to "slide" the DAW track later but it seems to be pretty easy to do.

BUT, what this allows me to do, and this is extraordinary, is record the solo piece in the DAW while reading the chart or the notation of the solo or melody.

QUICK, EASY AND PAINLESS.

Dang, it's a whole new world.

This is means I can totally flood the BIAB forum with 150 jazz tunes per day. I am sure everyone will be really, really happy.
© PG Music Forums