PG Music Home
Posted By: eschmid2 ToonTrack EZDrummer2 with Latin EZX in RB? - 05/10/18 03:05 AM
I am using RB Audiophile 2015 and have read a lot on the forums about drums and using ToonTracks and still a bit lost, For the purpose I am asking I will be using only RB because I am importing midi files and working with these files (not using BIAB styles, etc ...)

I have imported a midi file into RB of which track 10 is the drum track, I currently use ForteDxi as my main sounds and have also successfully used a few VST plugins.

I want to get better drum sounds and wondering if I can use EZDrummer2 in combination with Latin EZX (both from ToonTrack of course) as VST's and have the drum midi track 10 drive these 2 VST's as if they were the drums in the ForteDxi ?

I am playing mostly Santana style music ...

From reading the forums it seems folks are saying I might need to drop the drum midi track in EZD2 with Latin EZD , make all the assignments, and render to an audio and then drop back in RB for a final mix? I'm confused of course ...

There also seemed to be some issue with Toontracks tempo lock but perhaps this was only with toontracks generating during playback versus just playback, has this been resolved in 2015 version of RB?

Would really appreciate some "easy language" guidance!

Thanks in advance!!!
You can load EZD2 into the drum track, when you render the song to wav it will render the midi track through EZD2 to wav.
You will have to edit the drum track in RealBand's piano roll.
RealBand didn't get vst sync until 2017AD so EZD2's track will just loop the first bar in earlier versions.
You can't drag midi drum phrases out of EZD2 into RealBand2015 as it will just erase the current track.
So you can just use 2015 and render to wav, update to 2018 and get both vst sync and drag in midi phrases, or just use Reaper and it will all work.
Posted By: DrDan Re: ToonTrack EZDrummer2 with Latin EZX in RB? - 05/13/18 11:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
... or just use Reaper and it will all work.

That's the ticket!
© PG Music Forums