PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/17/18 05:27 PM
Does anyone have this ?.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=14778
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/17/18 06:37 PM
I have and use the full Sampletank 3 - the SE version is a subset of the full library

(this what SE has)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3se/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-se-sounds

Note the full ST3 is also on sale ($99)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=14443

However be aware Sampletank 3 (full or SE) has no, zero, zip, zlich GM capability. It will not behave like the GM TTS-1 or Sound Canvas or Coyote Forte !!

Good Luck
Larry
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/17/18 06:54 PM
Thanks Larry

Yep I knew it was not like the coyote etc, But is it worth it ?.

would I get sounds to use that are the same as or better than my Ketron sd 1000.

Would it be a good addition etc.

I do like working with Midi, and always looking for new sounds.

Never realized st3 99.oo. That's a deal.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/17/18 07:16 PM
Biting the bit to buy this.

Can I use this in my sonar/ mixcraft daw.

So I know final master would be sampletank sounds etc, like I do with ketron using ini file.

I know that I need to bounce the tracks one by one?.

Do not want to buy if its not workable.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/18/18 12:21 AM
Nothing says you can't use BOTH Ketron (plus KORG, ROLAND, Yama, Alesis, NORD,... external gear) and ST (plus Konatk, XLN, UVI, Sforzando, TTS-1, SynthmMaster... internal plugins) at SAME time, on same tune, on SAME TRACK (albeit with right DAW, tools, and know how).

I won't do the ST (source X) versus Ketron (source Y) thing that is too subjective, and too situation and wallet dependent.

Ask ten good folks here and you'll get a dozen great opinions. ALL equally true (usually): for their situation and for what they do and how they work and what their wallet allows.

Larry
Posted By: jford Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/18/18 06:04 AM
And unlike the Ketron, since SampleTank is a VSTi, you can do a direct render of those tracks (as opposed to "recording" each track for the Ketron).

And yes, it will work with both Sonar and Mixcraft (and any other DAW that supports VSTi's.

Like all instruments from IK Multimedia, you have to authorize it on your computer using the serial number you receive when you go to "User Area" (your account information). This is done using the IK Authorization Manager, which will be installed automatically when you install SampleTank.

And as Larry said, sounds are subjective, but I think in general (since I own a Ketron SD-2), you'll find you like the sounds of the Ketron better than what you get from SampleTank, but again, it depends on what you are looking for.

The biggest benefit is not having to "record" a four minute MIDI track; with the VSTi, you just do a direct render to audio (either to a disk file or another track).
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/18/18 07:44 AM
Larry thanks again for you reply, it helps me look at the flexibility of Midi.

Jford I guess you are one of the members I was hoping for, since you own both.

You have got me thinking, as I love the Ketron sounds.

It really is as Larry said, seen the sample tank offer and thought, more sounds to work around with and I think with Midi that keeps the passion for it.

Bit like a fellow who always tinkers and fixes his own car/motorbike, then gets his first brand spanking new one with a don't touch warranty.

That's what I feel sometimes with the real tracks, if you know what I mean.

Midi makes me feel like I done that I got that to sound like that etc, crazy I know, any way thanks Guys.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/18/18 02:25 PM

Sample Tank 3 is great. I love all of IK Multimedia's stuff. Have not regretted a dime. I own their complete mastering bundle, and though pricey, it is mind-boggling. The engineering presets are phenomenal.

I also have IKM Syntronik synths for old-school.

With the complete Sample Tank 3 that runs beautifully in Sonar, you can do anything you want. There literally is not a modern sound I can think of that you can't make in there. And special effects. What's not to love.

smile
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/18/18 08:49 PM
David thanks

Yeah that is what I was looking for, somebody who uses the product etc.

But jford has thrown me having both of the ketron and sample tank.

Not being a meanie but I bought the ketron not long ago, big purchase for me.
Any way down to me , thanks for your input.
Posted By: lambada Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/20/18 10:21 AM
I had 25 Euros in the IKMultimedia Kitty, so took the plunge and purchased the full version 3 at 74 Euros including my 25. This should be fun...
Posted By: lambada Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 11:38 AM
IF you do upgrade to 3, there is an excellent training package on Groove 3 (Albeit for Version 3 not 3.7.3.) Still it's extremely informative. I had no idea how much it could do compared to Version 2 and 2.5.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 11:40 AM
Sold !!

Thanks Lambada.
Posted By: lambada Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 11:46 AM
SampleTank 3.7.3 looks quite different, but the functionality shown in the videos remains. The sounds are great too. I'm now working on importing legacy and other sounds. Tons of mixing, aux, patterns, multilayer options, effects etc. It's a bit like iZotope in that its huge.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 11:48 AM
Lambada

can you send me a link for the groove training package
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 01:18 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Lambada can you send me a link for the groove training package

+++ SampleTank 3 Explained +++ $25 US Twenty Seven (27) videos or about two hours and twenty five minutes of training videos.

+++ SampleTank (2) In Action +++ $15 US Twenty One (21) videos or about two hours 28 minutes of training videos.

I strongly suggest purchasing the video tutorials for download instead of opting for the All Access monthly pass. Each video is jam packed with information. If you're like me and have difficulty retaining specific information you will find yourself backing up and replaying sections of each video. The way the videos are named and structured they make great reference material that you'll use over and over.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 02:18 PM
Jim

Thank you d/load it is.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/25/18 05:02 PM
Hi

do you have to wait till you have d/loaded all the sound contents, 8 in total before you install them or can you install sounds 1 after it finishes d/loading.

And so on ?.
Posted By: lambada Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! - 08/26/18 10:18 PM
Don't bother with Version 2. It will all be in Version 3. It's very clear and straightforward. I have the annual pass, which I don't use as much as I should. Sadly, the iZotope ones put me to sleep. I guess sound waves etc are not my thing.
© PG Music Forums