PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster sampletank 3 with biab - 08/26/18 12:25 PM
Any info on how to use sample tank with biab,

Is it best to load it into individual tracks over at the mixer, or where you load all the other vsti , like coyote etc.

I seen a video but it was for mac users, although it was telling you st can be used as a stand alone and biab can be routed to the st stand alone.

Can this be done on windows version ?.
Posted By: lambada Re: sampletank 3 with biab - 08/26/18 10:39 PM
Yes, any info would be great. SampleTank 3 is 64 bit, so you'll need JBridge to put it inside BIAB (32 bit). I have JBridge, but I've no idea if it works anymore as I rarely use midi. I've used SampleTank 2 as a replacement for the built it GM midi systems but I never got it to work as a GM setup even though I had OmniSynth. Nice sounds though if you don't mind setting them up for each track.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: sampletank 3 with biab - 08/29/18 06:44 AM
I never got it to work as a GM setup even though I had OmniSynth.

I don't think it is possible to get it to work on a GM setup, needs to be individual tracks etc.

I was hoping someone would give me an idea how I can load/ use it, so I can have it up on the screen while I play and stop the midi song and try different sounds.

But if you have it up you have to close it to stop the song.

Hope this makes sense as to what I am trying to do.
Posted By: jford Re: sampletank 3 with biab - 08/29/18 01:47 PM
While you can load the OmniSynth instruments in ST3, you can't use it as a GM synth in BIAB with ST3 (that only worked in ST2).
Posted By: lambada Re: sampletank 3 with biab - 08/31/18 12:31 AM
I'm glad I kept my Version 2 Sampletank installed. It's 2.5, I guess that's ok? Any tips on setting it as a GM synth would be great.
Posted By: jford Re: sampletank 3 with biab - 09/03/18 05:49 PM
There's a thread on the forum somewhere for using omnisynth. I don't remember the exact details, but it seems there was some issue with drums.
© PG Music Forums