PG Music Home
Posted By: JaminJim Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 01:29 PM
I have a suggestion or a wish. I like the Country Blues real tracks and the modern Contemporary real tracks. Most of them have the distorted guitar sound or fuzz. I would like to have cleaner sounding guitar solo that’s not so harsh. I write a lot of “country gospel” songs and feel that a cleaner sound that flows with that style would be great.
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 01:36 PM
Is there anyone else have that same request?
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 03:32 PM
Have you checked to see if they have the “direct input” option? If so you can add your own amp sim.

Bud
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 05:23 PM
Well what I do now is move the tracks to a mixing program then I can use the back tracks to play as we are adding some leads. I would just like to hear some blues solos with out the harshness of the band in the box guitars.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 06:09 PM
Jamin Jim,

First, welcome to the forum! Also, you didn't indicate how new you are to Band-in-a-Box or to audio production but I hope the program has surpassed your expectations so far.

Bud has given you the best answer but you may not completely understand his answer if you're new to BiaB or audio production.

How familiar are you with the RealTracks Picker columns? The column on the far left is labeled "Direct Input Available" with a response in the cell of Y for yes or the cell is left empty for no.

Direct input is the guitar or piano recording without any added effects. Every RealTracks has a folder. Some guitar and piano RealTracks folders includes a sub folder called Direct Input with the sub folder having the direct input RealTracks audio file.

Some of the RealTracks Picker columns are a great aid to selecting what tracks to use. Simpler Available is another some overlook. It just means there is a RealTracks variation that is not as busy as the main RealTracks.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 06:32 PM
wow that is great information. I love BIAB and your right it has been a joy to work with. I started in 2016 and now I have 2018. Can't wait for 2019 version lol. I will try this option when I get home.

Thank you
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 07:39 PM
"Direct input is the guitar or piano recording without any added effects. Every RealTracks has a folder. Some guitar and piano RealTracks folders includes a sub folder called Direct Input with the sub folder having the direct input RealTracks audio file."

Jim, I wonder what the purpose of that is? Of what use would it be if you can't assign chords and tempo, etc.

Now I have found the drum folders useful as each audio file contains at the end a sample of each "hit." Very useful if you want to double the snare, cymbal, etc.

Bud
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 11:08 PM
Bud I have no idea. May be it is so a direct input audio file can be added at a later time and when a rebuild is performed the Direct Input Available column automatically updates by adding a Y to if the cell function looks and sees the Direct Input sub folder.

I didn't know about the file structure until I refreshed my memory and read up on direct input before answering the question. Tutorial # 23 in the user manual demonstrates adding amp sims and effects to the output of a direct input file. Guitar tracks are used but many piano tracks also have direct input tracks.
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/27/18 11:57 PM
Ok I figured out how to use the "direct input". I think it's going to be good,. however how do I get the "amps" to work? I go to the soloist tab and right click on "select guitar/bass amp" it brings up the amp sections but when I chose an amp, it does not sound as if I'm running through at particular amp. I have tried "regenerating" but no change in the guitar sound.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong or detailed instructions on how to use it.....LOL
Posted By: Teunis Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/28/18 12:09 AM
To use DI allows one to add their own amp sym or setup. This can be done in a DAW or by adding the amp sym as an effect in BIAB. Amplitube comes with BIAB there are many amp syms out there some sound better than others depending on what one is looking for.

You add an amp sym as an fx in the mixer in BIAB. On the track with the guitar part you go to the “Plugins” tab in the mixer then click on the first [none] and add the amp to the track as a plugin. You must have an amp sym available as a plugin.

By using the DI option one can make the sound as clean or dirty as they choose.

My thoughts Tony
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/28/18 11:34 AM
Tony thank you. I got it to work. The amplitube gave me 9 days. Is this something that I must purchase? I noticed that there are a lot of amps that I could not use due to them not being highlight, as if I have no access to them. Would this be a question for Band in a Box? This direct input is new to me but I think I'm going to love it.

Please advise how to get access to all the amps.

Thanks sir
Posted By: Teunis Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/28/18 07:19 PM
You need 32 bit plugins to work with BIAB. Using JBridge will also allow access to 64 bit plugins. There are many free Amp Syms about. As I said in your other post IK MultiMedia no longer give authorisation codes to Amplitube 3. Contact PG Support about the authorisation.

Tony
Posted By: cliftond Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/28/18 07:27 PM
guys it is worth the money to purchase amplitube as a plugin, I have had it for about 10 years, and love it, it has all of the clean fender amps that you could want plus any others. CLiff
Posted By: JaminJim Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/28/18 09:39 PM
Thank you guys. I will look into this. And I will get with BIAB
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/29/18 08:48 AM
If you are looking at amp sims I highly recommend S-Gear from Scuffham Amps.

I demoed pretty much everything out there before settling on S-Gear, to my ears it's the most realistic and "feels" like a real amp when you play through it. You can use it standalone or as a DAW plugin.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/29/18 09:22 AM
Tony, If your having trouble using Amplitude take a look at tutorial # 23 in the Band-in-a-Box user manual.

Amplitude requires an authorization code. 1KMultimedia no longer provides authorization codes but allows PG Music support to provide auth codes.

PG Music ships the free edition of Amplitude. Free provides some amplifier simulations but, as you saw, not all that are available. 1KMultimedia sells the additional sims if your interested.

Free amp sims are available by searching for free amp sims. KVR is one good site to look at. There are other sites as good.
Posted By: BrentB Re: Guitar Solo's - 09/29/18 11:35 AM
JAWS
© PG Music Forums