PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Problem with plugins - 11/30/19 01:25 AM
I saw the posts about Black Friday plugin deals and decided to buy a few. I purchased the vocal bundle from Plug-In Boutique and it gave me a free copy of Nektar. When I open Reaper, it sees all the other plugins except Nektar. The icon on my desktop is a product portal and doesn't want to do anything except update. Any suggestions about this?

Also, I bought Dirt Machine from Audio Assault. It installed it in my Temp file, which makes no sense to me. I went there and I can't find it. I have more 8 more download tries for this product. Any thoughts on how I should install it?

Thanks for your help.

2b
Posted By: Teunis Re: Problem with plugins - 11/30/19 02:17 AM
You need to ensure you have the correct paths in Reaper. In my case they are in Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Izotope folder. In Reaper under Options VST I gave a pointer to C:Program Files\Common Files\VST3 which then picks them up. You may find the Nectar in a different folder for example under Cakewalk VSTs depending where your installation path pointed.

Open your Programs folder and search for iZNectar and you should find where the DLLs lives then ensure the path in Reaper.

Hope it helps

Tony
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Problem with plugins - 11/30/19 01:09 PM
Thanks, Tony.

I looked and found nothing. The only thing I have is that stupid Product Portal which just keeps asking for updates.

And I still haven't found the Dirt Machine plugin.

It is strange to me. I successfully downloaded drum plugins. I got the five I paid for from Plugin Boutique. If I consistently couldn't do it, then I could find out what I'm doing wrong. But everything goes right for a while and then I have a problem.

Oh, well. Life goes on. Thanks for your reply.

2b
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problem with plugins - 11/30/19 01:53 PM
Originally Posted By: 2bSolo
Thanks, Tony.

I looked and found nothing. The only thing I have is that stupid Product Portal which just keeps asking for updates.

That product portal link is important for managing the licencing and updates. Save it to a folder where you keep all the other "Music Licencing Links" - you will need this at some point.

Regarding the VSTs in Reaper. This has been a common issue. Check out this recent link to see if something sparks an idea of how to get Reaper to find it.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=227200
Posted By: Sundance Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 01:58 AM
Izotope installs pretty easily for me. I actually like the ease of their product portal (as opposed to the nightmare of waves central).

Lately Reaper has been losing my Soundtoys plugins. Never had a problem before. I clear cache and rescan still won't pick them up. I add the path again works for a while then loses them again. I have latest updates for Reaper. Weird.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 08:19 AM
I have both nectar2 and nectar3 here, also running reaper.

I just checked my system, nectar2 is installed in Program Files->VSTPlugins and nectar3 is installed in Program Files->Steinberg->VSTPlugins

I never change the default path when installing iZotope plugins, so it seems that iZotope must have decided to change where to install the plugins at some point.

Do you see it there 2b?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I have both nectar2 and nectar3 here, also running reaper.

I just checked my system, nectar2 is installed in Program Files->VSTPlugins and nectar3 is installed in Program Files->Steinberg->VSTPlugins

I never change the default path when installing iZotope plugins, so it seems that iZotope must have decided to change where to install the plugins at some point.

Do you see it there 2b?

I have had a number of plug-ins that wanted to install in Program Files->Steinberg->VSTPlugins. It must be a new standard? I always change them to Program Files->VSTPlugins as that is where I keep all of my VST2 plug-ins.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 12:26 PM
Hi Mario,

I think the Steinberg->VSTPlugins path is legacy, so more like an old standard. It was Steinberg that invented VST in the first place.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 01:57 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Mario,

I think the Steinberg->VSTPlugins path is legacy, so more like an old standard. It was Steinberg that invented VST in the first place.

Hi Dave, when you have CRS like I do every time you see something it can be new grin grin grin

You are right, it is an old standard.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 02:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I looked in Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins and Program Files\VST Plugins. No luck.

Reaper seems to find everything on my computer, so I don't think that is the problem.

I still find myself confused about how some of these programs work. I gave up on something from IK Multimedia. I used the defaults for installation. It showed up in about 4 folders. When I contacted IK, they told me it only installs in one folder.

Guess I should feel lucky that any of this does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks again.

2b
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 02:48 PM
Hi 2b,

If you don't see it in either one of those two folders, that suggests to me that it didn't get installed properly.

If you run the product portal program it should show you that.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 07:04 PM
Have you done a search in your folders. Go to Program Files and do the search from there. Look for iZNectar.

As Dave said run the installer again it should also show you where it is installed.

Tony
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Problem with plugins - 12/01/19 10:54 PM
I got a response from Plugin Boutique. They sent me a link that will give me a number. Then I have to go into Portal to register that. And then it will download.

Seems they could streamline this a bit and make the instructions a bit more clear when you start.

I will try that. Thanks for all your help.

2b
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Problem with plugins - 12/02/19 02:41 PM
OK, I have everything working except the Audio Assault plugin. Hopefully, they will get back with me today or tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your help.

2b
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Problem with plugins - 12/02/19 03:18 PM
It does seem like some software companies have increased the hoops you must pass through:

“This confirmation code is used to confirm your email address, upon which you will be sent a code to download your product; after installing and running your download, you will be prompted for an activation code which shall allow you to log into our product portal, where you will find information how you may obtain a registration code that may be used on your iLok (available separately, here). Please do not reply to this email.”

Now isn’t PG Music a joy?

Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Problem with plugins - 12/03/19 11:20 AM
Agreed.
© PG Music Forums