PG Music Home
All Waves $29 products are two for one today...and there are roughly a zillion of them.

Bud
Yes, the best offer they have ever had I think.
I got the DeBreath and the L2. I'm slowly moving away from Izotope. I've invested a LOT of money in their products and I fully understand they are more sophisticated than the older Waves equivalents...but the Waves plug-ins are just so easy to use. Most Ozone products make my head spin trying to dig into the variables and more often than not just send me to a preset. Although simple in design I do find myself manipulating Waves products beyond a preset and have been pleased with the results.

Not to mention that I still can't upgrade my macOS as Izotope is not yet "ready" unlike scores of other production products.

Bud
I agree *most* of the waves plug-ins are easy to use. The CLA series, as you know, is fantastic and very easy to tweak to get exactly what you need.

On the other hand I got that Scheps Omni Channel plug-in a year or so ago when it was on sale for $29, man, talk about making your head hurt! wink
I like the Waves L2 Maximizer a lot. Been using a demo for the last week. I know it was developed during the loudness wars and was a favorite for its "color" but if you use it for gentle limiting aiming for 14 LUFS on your loudness meter then it is, to me, very transparent. Ozone's maximizer overwhelms me with all the choices...choices that I sometimes think I can hear a difference in and other times not so. The options are limited (hahaha) with the L2 and I like the result.

Bud
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I like the Waves L2 Maximizer a lot. Been using a demo for the last week. I know it was developed during the loudness wars and was a favorite for its "color" but if you use it for gentle limiting aiming for 14 LUFS on your loudness meter then it is, to me, very transparent. Ozone's maximizer overwhelms me with all the choices...choices that I sometimes think I can hear a difference in and other times not so. The options are limited (hahaha) with the L2 and I like the result.

Bud

I understand your pain every manufacture out there has had to deal with Apple and Catalina upgrade. It was not just iZotope which most of there stuff is already been upgraded to work with Catalina and the ones that are not have work arounds.
iZotope upgrade link
My waves products have to go through the same ordeal with the new Mac OS and worse yet waves charges for these upgrades if you do not have a upgrade program.
Waves was ready over a month ago. And you get a credit for your upgrade costs towards Waves products. The version 11 upgrades for my 12 Waves plug-ins was quick and seamless. And Izotope wants me to manually move files around folders and change permissions. Meh!

Bud
I just had to pay waves for my vocal rider and bass rider it depends on when you purchased it. Most of isotope has already been upgraded as you can see except the older stuff which I assume you have.
I’ve upgraded my Izotope suite every year from 2011 until last year so I don’t really consider Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 and Nectar 2 to be old stuff smile

Waves had everything including products introduced 10 years ago (and older) ready at the same time. No comparo IMO.

The more I get into Waves the more I like the simplicity of a few sliders to manipulate. Forget the complexity and let the ears tell you if it’s good...even if one does not have a have a clue what’s happening behind the interface!

Bud
© PG Music Forums