PG Music Home
Posted By: Tangmo Reaper Question [Resolved] - 04/16/20 11:02 PM
Working on a project now with a re-installed Reaper after my system failure. I started with just a handful of tracks and had access to the panning function in the mixer or track view. After that, I added a bunch more tracks and no longer can find any controls for panning--neither in the mixer or in the track view. Help?

Posted By: SILVERBACK Re: Reaper Question - 04/17/20 01:01 AM
Hi Tangmo... try dragging the mixer tracks upwards to make them taller... I had this same problem recently and making more "real estate" available opened up space for all the track functions to show...
Posted By: dcuny Re: Reaper Question - 04/17/20 05:41 AM
This "feature" threw me for a while as well.

It's now turned off by default in the new theme.

In the menubar, choose Options, Themes >, and Theme Adjuster.

At the top of the Theme Adjuster, click the left or right arrow until you get the option Track Control Panel.

There, you'll see under what circumstances Reaper will hide your various controls. Remove the HIDE option for the states you want it to be seen.

Also note there are three layouts you can choose from, A, B and C, apparently just to make it even more confusing. frown
Posted By: Teunis Re: Reaper Question - 04/17/20 06:28 AM
Alternatively you could use the theme you were used to. Eg. If you were used to Default Commala or whatever then go to Options - Themes and load that. If your preferred theme is no longer on your machine go to Reaper resources and down load it. That way you’ll be more familiar with the theme. I found the V6 Default theme did not deliver what I wanted so I grabbed bits of various themes and have what I want with buttons where I want them.

Just a thought

Tony
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Reaper Question - 04/17/20 10:46 AM
Thank you, Silverback. That did the trick. You'd think I was still running Win95, I'm so stupid.

David and Teunis, I'll look into those down the line. Most everything I do is out of the box.
© PG Music Forums