PG Music Home
Posted By: kbour Battery3 and PT - 04/05/10 03:16 PM
I play a MIDI controller called a "Zendrum" (www.zendrum.com) and I plug it into an Edirol Sound Canvas (SC) module which is USB'd to my computer. The SC stereo outputs go to a mixer to which speakers are connected. I play the Zendrum through a SW package called "Battery3" by Native Instruments. Each of the 23 triggers on the Zendrum is mapped in Battery3 to a particular drum or percussion sound.

I would like to record MIDI in PT using the Battery3 sounds, but I cannot figure out how to do it or even if it's possible. I tried various combinations of selecting Roland MIDI drivers and even tried to use Battery's VST plug-in; but, since I don't know what I'm doing, I spent a lot of time fiddling around randomly to no avail.

One thing I've done in the past is to run the mixer's audio mains to the SC inputs; then, record the Zendrum as an audio device. That works, but it seems like I should be able to record it as a MIDI device also. If I close Battery3 and just use PT or BIAB, then the sounds are all wrong and not programmed to the correct triggers on the Zendrum. It seems like I need Battery3 running and having its sounds made available to PT (or BIAB or RealBand).

Can anyone suggest a technique that will allow me to utilize Battery3 and still record it as MIDI with PT?

Thanks,

Ken Bour
Posted By: kbour Re: Battery3 and PT - 04/05/10 03:56 PM
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong Forum...moving to PT Pro Audio.

Ken
© PG Music Forums