PG Music Home
I'll put this in the PT wishlist, but it could apply to Real Band as well.

If PT continues could it be possible to add a feature which truncates the silence at the beginning and end of any WAV, MP3 or WMA files which PT generates.

Yes I know Output files can be edited in the Tracks Window before export, but truncating silence during the export process is much more convenient and doesn't lead to uneven tracks left in SEQ files, or having to use another audio editor to trim the silence.

What do you think?

Cheers. Ian

which PT or
The removal of "Silence" from the start and/or end of a track is a personal decision. Some developers, such as myself, prefer to add a specified time of silence to the start of a finalised track before burning to CD. This has more relevance to me, personally, now that I convert songs to a MP3 format for use with my Home Theatre set up which changes track in milli secs. Your idea, should be posted on the Wish List, but I would prefer to see this feature as an Option not standard procedure.

Lyn
Good point Lyn.

I used to use an MP3 conversion suite called CD 'n Go, which offered truncation as an option. Then I started conversion
from within PT and my MP3 files started to get longer . Wonder why, duh. Really missed the CD'N GO truncation option. But you're right it's not for everyone.

Cheers

PS - could all be a moot discussion, since we've heard nothing new about PT.
© PG Music Forums