PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver was drivers please - 01/24/18 08:01 AM
My behringer audio interface has it's own asio drivers that work fine but when i plug my midi keyboard into the usb port i have to use the creative asio drivers which are a bit unreliable.
wsa drivers would give me low latency and reliable drivers without having to power up and plug in other hardware
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: was drivers please - 01/24/18 08:27 PM
+1

Ulterior motive for supporting this wishlist request. I looked at 2018 RealBand audio drivers and WAS drivers are not supported in RealBand either so I'm hoping when PowerTracks Pro gains WAS driver support RealBand will also. grin
Posted By: Garth Bird Re: was drivers please - 01/27/18 04:01 AM
Windows Audio System drivers are indeed now in RealBand 2018.
I have moved to RB from PTW after installing a midi controller keyboard.

Garth
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: was drivers please - 01/28/18 05:31 PM
Garth Bird,

Interesting. I'm using 2018 build 4 RealBand and mine does not offer the WAS audio option even though Band-in-a-Box does.

Could PG Music released more than one build 4? YES THEY DID!

I downloaded and installed the patch and the (hidden) release number incremented from 0 to 1.
Posted By: rharv Re: was drivers please - 02/17/18 01:32 AM
As for the original wish -
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=457704#Post457704

Tadaa
Posted By: Jim Fogle 2018 Feature List & Question - 02/17/18 01:59 PM
Another place to look at the 2018 PowerTracks Pro feature list is +++ HERE +++ !

Question: Can anyone expand on this feature?
Quote:
Drag and drop from the drop station to VSTi plugins that support this is now implemented.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: 2018 Feature List & Question - 03/02/18 09:27 PM
Hi Jim,

Some VST plugins can have audio or MIDI dragged and dropped into their control panels, and the Drop Station now allows you to drag and drop into these plugins, rather than just into other applications.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: MovingAir Re: 2018 Feature List & Question - 04/04/19 07:16 PM
I'm curious: Why does everyone here want WAS drivers? Have you tried the ASIO? If you don't have an ASIO driver, there's a program call ASIO4ALL that will give you a virtual ASIO driver, and it's quite good. Really gets the latency down.

Just wondering.
Posted By: jford Re: 2018 Feature List & Question - 04/05/19 01:07 PM
WAS drivers are supported; however, WAS drivers don't necessarily work with every audio interface (there's a whole long thread on that on the forum).
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: 2018 Feature List & Question - 04/05/19 02:50 PM
Another benefit of WAS is it has two operation modes that some programs allow the user to select, normal and exclusive. Normal operation allows multiple program to share use of the device audio stream. Exclusive operation restricts use of the device audio stream to one program and is similar to the way ASIO operates.
© PG Music Forums