PG Music Home
Posted By: dcuny Ylvis - The Fox - 09/06/13 06:31 AM
Lyrical brilliance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

I think it's my daughter's new favorite video.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Ylvis - The Fox - 09/06/13 12:03 PM
very clever! This will be a real hit with kids, I would think.

Its a good example of the old adage about taking something old and familiar and giving it a new twist

Its also a good application of a special interest song.. . ie Monster mash still gets played at halloween parties, Happy Birthday gets played a bday parties, and this will get played at childrens parties .. probably for a long time to come.

Having said all that, I don't think the fox actually makes ANY OF THOSE STINKIN' SOUNDS!

(but it was fun imagining that one might) wink
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Ylvis - The Fox - 09/09/13 11:44 AM
I've watched several online commentaries on this song, and I find myself wondering what attributes make some videos go viral. This is a goofy song in a sea of other goofy songs. Yet, something about it excites people to forward links to their friends.

And it's that forwarding that leads to viral status.

Is it the common denominator of animal noises? We've all either had or seen those books and toys that teach kids to differentiate animals based on the noises they make.

Is it because the song is based around a question, and we are intrigued by unknown and speculative answers?

Is it the absurdity of the presentation?

The energy?

The eye candy?

The CGI?

what do YOU think?
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Ylvis - The Fox - 10/06/13 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
what do YOU think?

Well...I clicked on the link so I'll chime in.

I think it's as you state.
It's just 'a goofy song' to me but I can see how it may have some appeal to very young kids.
I could not imagine writing something silly like this but every song writer has their personal writing interests so to each their own.

Personally, I approach my own song writing a bit more seriously in the lyrical content/subject matter aspect.

That's my take on it.

Carry on....
© PG Music Forums