PG Music Home
This was found on Transatlantic Sessions #6 (qv). Mary Chapin Carpenter, Russ Barenburg, Jerry Douglas, et al. It's a unique crossover song which marries Bluegrass with Now Country. I love this blend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E8zeJipm1s
Teddy is the son of the great Richard Thompson and former wife, Linda. Not ALL great country or "roots" music is from the USA.
Thanks, Brallan, I didn't intend to imply that thought by any stretch. In fact, Transatlantic Sessions is more Scot/Irish (Celtic) roots than anything else.

I was recently thinking how music tends to knock down national borders and, with the advent of the internet, make us just one big family. Unfortunately, there are countless divisive influences, from what kindergarten we attended to religion and politics that drive wedges between us.

A wise adage states: "It is not for man who is walking, to guide even his own footsteps!"
Don

What a great listen, thanks for the post, it was really enjoyable. What great band, instruments, harmonies, everything. Top class!

Trevor
Trevor, if you haven't discovered it already, they also do a fantastic cover of George Jones' "She Thinks I Still Care". Another "Wow!" cover. You should find it from that same page.

A thing that amazes me - I thought I had seen every "Transatlantic Sessions" on YT, only to be pleasantly surprised by Teddy.

If you like traditional fiddle tunes, just follow Scottish fiddler, Aly Bain, for wonderful listen. Aly is the fiddler on the right of your screen.
© PG Music Forums