PG Music Home
http://youtu.be/1Y8qM6cQv9k

Bob Flat-picker will certainly enjoy this compilation. Jerry Douglas is just a lad.

Btw, I offered my extra Dynavox Maestro(c) to Tony Rice in hopes that it might assist him in communicating. Haven't heard back yet.

PS: I also contacted Tony's dear friend, Sam Bush. The Maestro is not a toy and can be found on eBay for US$5K.

I've found it impossible to give love away without getting back tenfold, that labels me a greedy Irishman.

My letter to guitarist Nina Gerber:

Aug 13 at 4:47 PM

Nina,

I have an extra DynaVox Maestro (qv) Speech Synthesis Device and I'd like to donate it to guitarist Tony Rice who has lost his ability to speak. I've tried contacting Tony through his website, as well as through mandolinist, Sam Bush. So far, I haven't been able to penetrate their security.

I have absolutely no interest in personal gain or recognition, in fact, you need not even mention me. My years have taught me that it's impossible to give love away without getting back tenfold. In that case, I'm a greedy old Irishman. lol. You may have better success in contacting either Sam or Tony because your name is more recognizable in the guitar world.

The Maestro is not a toy and can be found on eBay for about $5K. I feel confident that it will help Tony conquer his speech deficit. Will you please help me give the precious gift of speech to a fabulous Bluegrass guitarist?

My sincere thanks.

A badly bent old Irish fart.

Don

Nina's reply this morning (Thursday):

Hi Don,

That's very generous of you. Unfortunately, I have no way of getting in touch with Tony. I suggest to try his website again, and maybe IBMA or some of the organizations doing benefits for him.

You're a good man Don.

All the best,

Nina
Just noticed the link has been taken down (since yesterday) for copyright infringement so I've asked mods to start a now topic without the link.

I have forwarded the offer to IBMA, hopefully, it will be accepted.
© PG Music Forums