PG Music Home
I just learned about Nicholas McCarthy, the first one-handed pianist to complete their studies at the Royal College of Music!
You have to watch some of his videos: Nicholas McCarthy - YouTube Channel

I can barely play 'Chopsticks' on the piano - so I'm super impressed!

-Callie
You're right, he is impressive.
That is impressive.
For a short while in one band at University we had a one armed guitarist! He had lost his left hand in a car crash when he was a young teenager and his Dad, an engineer, had adapted a prosthetic hand to include a pick holder and he could strum really well on his "left handed" guitar.
His Dad also made a boogie extension, 2 prongs exactly an octave apart, for piano so he could do a walking bass and play normally with his right, not quite so successful but he was better than I was with two hands laugh
He soon transferred to a different Uni and we lost contact.

BUT Nicholas McCarthy WOW, thanks for sharing

Alyn
Incredibly talented, and a credit to all musicians!
What fantastic thing to share! I played one of his other videos for my wife and children with the screen minimized, so they only heard the audio. They thought it sounded really good! Then I showed them.

I love that they would have never known! They only thing thing could comment on was how great it sounded.

Then you ad in the ability he is displaying and WOW!

The reason this impacts me a bit is I am going to share this with a family who has a son who has been an inspiration. I think it's always good to have reminders around of what greatness is.

Thank you again for the share!

Here is the his story as well...

Parker
Caaron,

Thanks for sharing your link.

Very impressive young man.

Callie, thank you too!
Thanx for sharing. This again proves the old saying "where there's a will there's a way"!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx for sharing. This again proves the old saying "where there's a will there's a way"!

A huge talent and such determination!!

Mario - MY question is - bagpipes are Flat when you get them out of the case. So why don't they go into tune when you blow them up?!
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Originally Posted By: MarioD

A huge talent and such determination!!

Mario - MY question is - bagpipes are Flat when you get them out of the case. So why don't they go into tune when you blow them up?!

I wish they did go in tune when you blow them up!
© PG Music Forums