PG Music Home
Thanks for posting, remember these times well. First heard of Floyd on the Dark Side album and then went off searching for other of their works that I had hoped would be the same: Ummagumma, Saucerful of Secrets...nothing quite compared. Then Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall came along and I was hooked again. They were always different, always unique...not like today's music.

Jeff
Their early years were difficult for me to get into. But listening to that music, even at the time, you knew there was brilliance in there.

One of my favorite early albums is Meddle. Echoes.... on the flip side. Wow. This was a hint of things to come.
Wow, a lot of that concert footage is stunning. The gong surrounded by blue flames shocked What an experience it would've been to see them in their prime.
I remember when they came to a local concert venue. we were excited to get tickets... but quite shocked when they announced the price. It was many times higher than other concerts of the day, and they were only selling 5000 seats in the 20k seat venue.

Reason: They were traveling with a fully quadrophonic sound system and state of the art lighting. All seats were on the floor and the speakers were on all sides including behind the seating area. It was around the time DSOTM was out. I practically wore the grooves on that vinyl disk clean through.

We couldn't afford the cost so we missed that show. They have always been innovators in music as well as their live show.
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I remember when they came to a local concert venue. we were excited to get tickets... but quite shocked when they announced the price. It was many times higher than other concerts of the day, and they were only selling 5000 seats in the 20k seat venue.

Reason: They were traveling with a fully quadrophonic sound system and state of the art lighting. All seats were on the floor and the speakers were on all sides including behind the seating area. It was around the time DSOTM was out. I practically wore the grooves on that vinyl disk clean through.

We couldn't afford the cost so we missed that show. They have always been innovators in music as well as their live show.

My goodness, I can't even imagine what a show that would've been. The audacity to only sell 1/4 of the seats in a venue! Somehow I can't quite imagine one of today's big groups or stars doing the same kind of thing.
Wow, thanks for posting that. i just love Pink Floyd and "Wish you were here" is one of my absolute favorite songs.
© PG Music Forums