PG Music Home
Posted By: Noel96 Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 04/11/17 08:17 AM
On April 11, 2009, Susan Boyle's career began as a contestant on Britain's Got Talent...

This is where she was at in 2016...

What an amazing talent!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 04/11/17 08:26 AM
Sensational Noel, I remember watching the original. Everybody was in awe. No different now. What an absolutely remarkably gifted woman. Thanks for the reminder. It is so good to see the formerly 'unsung' gems make it to great success through their marvelous, albeit 'hidden' talents.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 04/11/17 09:15 AM
Yep... the magic of her first performance still works for me, too.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 05/06/17 10:54 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Sensational Noel, I remember watching the original. Everybody was in awe. No different now. What an absolutely remarkably gifted woman. Thanks for the reminder. It is so good to see the formerly 'unsung' gems make it to great success through their marvelous, albeit 'hidden' talents.

I will always remember picking my jaw up off the floor when 'plain Jane' Susan appeared on BGT. Even Simon was amazed.

Thanks for posting this Noel.

Donny
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 05/06/17 09:06 PM
Hi Noel,
What a video,I think the 207 million views are made up of people who keep going back when they need inspiration to carry on.
Hugh
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 05/06/17 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I will always remember picking my jaw up off the floor when 'plain Jane' Susan appeared on BGT.

That's exactly how it was for me, too. I couldn't believe just how wonderful her voice sounded. It was completely at odds with what I anticipated.

You might also like Susan's interpretation of "Over The Rainbow" below. It has shades of Eva Cassidy but it stands alone as uniquely Susan Boyle, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpgwlbEyrQE

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Celebrating April 11... Susan Boyle - 05/06/17 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi Noel,
What a video,I think the 207 million views are made up of people who keep going back when they need inspiration to carry on.
Hugh

I agree, Hugh. I've been to the original April 11 clip many times. It is definitely one of the most inspiring events I've ever seen.
© PG Music Forums