PG Music Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnesZPU8iv0

The clip's own information text really says it all, but the gist of it is:

This was made for a local TV program, where one small section of it 'features' my performance providing the background 'score' (if you can even call it that).
I was recored (quite poorly with just one, external handheld mic), playing my then brand new Casio keyboard, performing in just one take my own rendition of a then very popular pop song - but I won't tell you what song that is, that's 'the name of the game' here for y'all cool

I'll just give you just two hints: It was a new song in 1985, and I'm european wink
I listened, twice, and then gave up. crazy
Incidentally, how much is the prize money? grin
Ok, I'm not going to give it just yet with only one guess, but here's a big hint then (since the audio quality is admittedly less than stellar) - The band is British! Couple that with the year and massive popularity of that band back then, and you just might crack it wink

p.s. And "Incidentally", who said anything about a prize, you greedy buggers! crazy
Well, from the lack of responses, I'd say the audio volume and quality is so low that nobody can even properly hear the tune. I certainly couldn't.
Actually, the only thing that stood out was some sort of 'embellishment'? at 1:46

But I still can't recognize the song.

That's alright, and as you rightly point out, there's the overall quality and the audio was obviously not meant to highlight the song (quite the opposite) but just to mull in the back.

Anyway, that lil "guessing game" was just a spur of the moment thing I came up with to try make this a more interesting submission - the answer actually is "Chauffeur" by Duran Duran! laugh

See if you can make it out now that you have the answer wink
The Chauffer? Duran Duran?

Never would have got that. Your disguise was way too good. wink
ROFL! - That's a very polite way to put it, nice one grin
© PG Music Forums