PG Music Home
Posted By: CountryTrash Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 07:29 PM
Ok, this has me now intrigued ....

It is actually too easy! It will take some practise though.

I am thinking of creating a "master" song that has all the chords that I usually use in my songs. I can just change the style and do the other versions ....

Only thing I am noticing is that the endings are a bit wonky?

Can any of the Pro's (Mac, Silverstone or even better PG himself) maybe chip in either "instruct" us on how the endings gets deduced or maybe offer some advise on how to plan something for the endings....

Tried :
1. a basic strumming
2. A picking
3. Just strumming down ...

Created a song and replaced me in the styles .. works like a charm..

Only the endings to crack now ...

Just had a thought!!! (that's scary ...)

Maybe to tag them out to get a longer ending and just fade the sucker over the last 2-3 bars?????
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 07:40 PM
This actually very funny..

I am trying to create UserStyles using my own playing and also of a sudden when I listen to the end product I realise that the reason I have come to learn to love BIAB because all these okes play so much better than me!!!!

If I COULD play good enough to make passable styles I could just as well have just been recording myself on some multi-track DAW like I did before discovering PG Music.....(deja vu)
Posted By: silvertones Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 08:58 PM
My bass endings were OK. Remember that those 2 measures are, in most cases unless you unchecked the 4 bar ending pref, go on for 4 measure. This allows for proper fade out. When you get to those last 2 bars play some sort of outro and let it ring out for 2 more bars beyond.OR don't do endings for the basic RT. Make a whole folder of just endings in 3 keys.OR separete folders for each ending.The world is your oyster here. Experiment.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 08:58 PM
>> Only the endings to crack now ...

Endings are covered. Here's how.

If you make a single file, there will be one ending (that is the last chord in the file, as a typical bb ending happens), if the song is 1-32 x 1 chorus, then the ending starts on bar 33.

If that is a F chord, then BiaB will only have 1 ending to choose from, and it will always play that F ending, transposed to the correct chord in your file. So if the user's song is Bb, it will play the F ending transposed up to Bb.

Let's say you want to improve on that, by adding more endings. You can do this two ways

- add more files. If you add a second file, its going to have another ending in it.

- designate more areas of the file as "endings". This is done in BiaB, using the F5 bar settings dialog. In this dialog press the UserTracks settings button, and then see the area
For example, if you want to record four endings (each 4 bars) in a single file, with the endings starting on bars 17,21,25 and 29, you could type this "17,21,25,29" and then press UPDATE in the "Endings start on this bar" field in that dialog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aszumkj1s3dyru1/UserTracks_Endings.png

If endings are not that important, you can just record one ending on a mahor chord, and it will work for all songs, just transposed. If you do this, make sure to play a generic type of ending that might work over minor chords too.

If endings are important in your style, you can (as above) record multiple files or multiple endings within files, so that you can have all chords covered e.g. C,Cm,C7 type endings.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 08:58 PM
Don't forget measures with stops, rests,pushes
Posted By: silvertones Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/05/13 09:00 PM
Peter and I were typing at the same time.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/06/13 03:46 AM
Thanks,

I'll definately spend more time on this ...
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/07/13 04:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
>>
Let's say you want to improve on that, by adding more endings. You can do this two ways

- add more files. If you add a second file, its going to have another ending in it.

Hi Peter, just trying to digest this ....

Are you saying that we can have more than 1 wav file in the same folder tracked to the same SGU so the UserTrack can pick from multiple files? I would then assume that the style is referenced by the FOLDER NAME and the filenames IN the folder is not critical?

Maybe some clarification on this issue would be helpful

Thinking Ahead then ....
If this is the case would this eventually lead to us being able to create A,B C sub-styles if you come up with a linked file naming convention? ..

NOW I'm having real fun !!!!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/07/13 05:09 AM
I believe the 32-minute video today said that the folder name directly under /UserTracks does determine the UserTrack, and that folder can have multiple songs.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/07/13 05:16 AM
If you say multiple songs, do you mean that the UserStyle will somehow pick an arrangement from the various songs in that folder?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/07/13 05:49 AM
Yes.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 12/07/13 07:20 AM
that is how I understood it. and if you wanted different endings you'd just do more files, each with a different ending.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 09/25/14 11:50 PM
They should consider making an instructional video of just Usertrack Endings.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 09/26/14 02:51 AM
Go to the bb\Realtracks\UserTracks\Accordion, Rhythm Crossover Sw16 075 and open UserTracks_CrossoverSw75_PopSong_02_Endings.SGU
In Realband or BiaB.

If you look in RB you will see where the Hold... is played and where it stops. it will also load the original wav and play without generating up the RealTracks in you got to Preferences > Song Genaration > Uncheck "Also generate song when MGU file is opened"

Press F5 to bring up boxes as below.
I think they are still working on Shots n Holds for the UserTracks.

Posted By: solidrock Re: Ok, now what about the endings?? - 09/27/14 07:03 AM
If you have made UserTracks that don't have ending you can easy enough add them as it is just an extra file, same when PG gets the UT Shots n Holds worked out you just add the shot n holds UT file to the existing UT. The same as PG do updates to fix or improve things.
This way we will be able to make UTs similar to RealTracks.
© PG Music Forums