PG Music Home
Posted By: the_blooze Dobro User Track for download - 12/06/13 01:02 AM
Well it isn't the greatest dobro playing in the world, and its no comparison to any of the great players, but I made this from a backing dobro track I made to go with the song Precious memories.

It only has the 3 Major chords, no minors, but seems to be fairly versatile as a "backing dobro track".

Unzip into your "User tracks" and let me know what you think.

Andrew

Dobro Andrew Ev 100 - Majors

Marg and Andrew Lloyd Music Homepage
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/06/13 05:18 AM
Very nice Andrew! The DropBox linked worked well, and I unzipped to my UserTracks folder. Then pressed the UserTracks button in BB, selected my designated track (Strings in this case), and the dobro generated and played beautifully.

Of course you can add to it as time permits, to add new chord types etc.

If you didn't want to play more material, you could "fudge" some minors, by copying the file and wav, and then opening the second song and renaming G chords to Em etc., and then it would likely work.

One nice thing about UserTracks is that ** anyone ** can do this.

For example, I could make a recording and add to your UserTracks folder and it would incorporate my playing. Or I could make a second file that had different chord types (like the minors as discussed above).

Also, I could make a sgu/wav combination that was all 'b' substyle, and make sure yours was all 'a' substyle. Then you would play in the 'a' substyle, and I would play in the 'b' substyle.

Seems like a new type of collaboration is possible...
Posted By: malevans Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/07/13 05:33 PM
Well done Andrew .... I think you are the first to offer a share.

Very impressed and thank you.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/07/13 08:56 PM
Thanks Andrew,

I can use some of this .....

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

Also, I could make a sgu/wav combination that was all 'b' substyle, and make sure yours was all 'a' substyle. Then you would play in the 'a' substyle, and I would play in the 'b' substyle.

Seems like a new type of collaboration is possible...

Hi Peter,

Took me a while to digest this

Are you saying I must mark the substyle in the songs what I want (A,B etc) and then if I request that substyle it would pick from the songs that matched the sub-style?

Update:
Ok, I tried that and it works exactly like that!!!
This is great, getting better and better!!! I have created 3 related sub-styles in the same folder (A,B and C)

If I specify those in my song it picks from the relevant sub-styles...

This does mean that a bit more planning has to go in before you actually start the recordings... The great thing is that it is actually very easy. I just saved as -A, -B and -C, change the markers and recorded each song's audio.

Posted By: toucher Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/12/13 04:09 PM
Thanks for sharing Andrew. Once I get familiar with the 2014 and the user track potential, I'll try to reciprocate. Sharing and swapping user tracks is a fabulous idea. If ten people played a dobro part to a song, odds are you'd get ten different interpretations of how the part was envisioned.

Thanks again.
Posted By: seeker Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/24/14 01:53 AM
Bit of work has gone on here......Enjoy

Or Direct link....

And Andrew your now on the way.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Dobro User Track for download - 12/25/14 02:18 PM
the link to dropbox the download says missing or removed.
Any other dl that works??
Thanks Wyndham
Posted By: solidrock Re: Dobro User Track for download - 04/03/15 06:57 PM
Lost & Found here www.realband.org/guitars.html

Apr 3 2015
Dobro Dobro Andrew Ev 100 - Majors C I-IV-V + Endings
by the_blooze Info Sample.mp3 Chords.mp4.mid.pdf
© PG Music Forums