PG Music Home
Hi,

I upgraded from Windows 7 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit. Now I get an error in Event Viewer:
\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland\Virtual Sound Canvas DXi\RVIE has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

I can't even uninstall it, because it apparently can't find the uninstall file. I get the error message:

There was a problem starting
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine\6\Intel 32\ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found.

That directory is empty. I went to the backup I did before the upgrade, and that directory is empty there, too!

Any ideas? I don't want to just re-install and then wind up with an issue of conflicting entries.

- Russ
I don't have Windows 7, or a 64 bit operating system, so I can't say with authority but ... there are a few things you may want to investigate.

64 bit Windows has two program folders, Program Files (x64) for 64 bit programs and Program Files for 32 bit programs. Which folder is VSC installed under?

Is there a right click sub menu option to run VSC in compatibilty mode?

You may get more answers by reposting your question in either the Band-in-a-Box or RealBand threads.
© PG Music Forums