PG Music Home
I've been going through all these lovely bunch of UT that are already on here (thank you, brave pioneers and contributors!), and have noticed that sometimes assigning the correct definition between EV and SW patterns can get a bit 'tricky' (especially where the source of the creation is a 3rd party pattern).
So I thought maybe these simple guidelines will help (I apologise in advance if the following makes me come across as a 'condescending piece of Hermione', my sincere intend is to try help). First, If you can, it helps to slow the pattern down to approx. 110, and listen to the pattern without other instruments.

1. If the pattern makes you feel like singing "Summer holiday" (Cliff Richards), or "Can't smile without you" (Barry Manilow) then the pattern is most likely SW.
2. If the pattern makes you feel like singing "Something stupid" (Frank & Nancy Sinatra) or "Ob-la-di" (Beatles), it is most likely EV.
3. And finally, that tricky 12-8, which I personally would put into the SW category but there are arguments for either: If the pattern makes you feel like singing "Memory" (from Cats), or "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen), it's most likely 12-8
I do not plan on building any more UserTracks so won't need
to know this.

Best of luck on your UserTrack effort.
Fair enough, hopefully other users will find something useful in it. My post wasn't intended to be aimed at you personally.
@ seeker : please, don't stop ... your usertracks are really good and useful !

@ Icelander : I'm curious ... could you upload some of your usertracks ... to get an idea ...

Regards
Originally Posted By: boowoo3
@ Icelander : I'm curious ... could you upload some of your usertracks ... to get an idea ...

Regards

I have to admit to being one of those 'annoying' type of person who tries to know as much as I can before I actually do the thing.
So I haven't got around to do any UT's of my own yet, sorry smirk
Icelander, are you & Mac related?
© PG Music Forums