PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/28/15 05:56 AM
UserTracks Quick Search n Find XLS

UserTracks-Aug-27-2015.zip

If you don't have MS Office or free OpenOffice Mac/Win/Lin

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=10

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Excel-Viewer.shtml

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/GrapeCity-Excel-Viewer.shtml

This will give you a quick search n find option without spending days looking through all the pages.

You can update this xls file easily by highlighting all the latest post on the page then copy n paste in the first empty cell above the existing rows or insert new row first.
If you want more post per page displayed go into My Stuff > Edit Preferences.
You can then upload it to the forum to make it easy for newbies or existing users to find that usertrack.

Hope this helps,
SR
Posted By: seeker Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/28/15 11:50 AM
solidrock,

Very nice piece of work.
This took a lot of your time, and do appreciate it
in behalf of now and future UserTracks users.

Thanks for your efforts.
Posted By: rharv Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/28/15 07:39 PM
This will have to be constantly updated, and each update made available... I see users having an old copy and missing stuff ..
Very inefficient.

It needs to be an online DB app! Dynamically updated and available.
Only logged in admins can add to it, but easily accessible to all. Maybe include some tags to see other relevant stuff.. and next phase allow users to search online as well as download the latest version.

/FTR it's a really easy programming project in theory. Cool concept.
Posted By: solidrock Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/28/15 10:57 PM
It was suppose to be like this:
Browse all posted compositions on our User Showcase page Last updated: August 18, 2015.
Posted By: rharv Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/29/15 01:40 PM
What are columns A,B,D & E?
I didn't get any column headers in Open Office .. and A/B show only icons.. D/E have integers but not sure what they represent.

Also, a couple notes (not complaining, just noticing):
Most records contain two rows .. why? Can it be consolidated to one long row (much easier to import)
Rows 10-11-12; why three rows here?
Useful data like original tempo/key could have own field (easier to search with less error)
At row 74 things started getting weird alignment-wise (easy fix).
Row 124; I get a search icon inserted in OpenOffice (magnifying glass)

I'm actually contemplating creating a DB and interface if the extra data could be utilized.. Might be fun.
Posted By: solidrock Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/29/15 07:38 PM
It's is basically to search for tacks types/genres in Excel, click the link in all the matching search results and it takes you straight to the post in the forum with the download link/info and to be able to leave comments, as the search function on the board is limited. The data that is in it is just copy n paste straight from html forum page to be simple and quick to update, see below. But hey if export to you wanna export to csv, go for it.

How to Update XLS

Highlight, right click, copy all new posts added since last update (you can display more post per page in "MY Stuff"

Click on Empty cell above previous data (or insert new row), right click paste, save, upload.

Posted By: solidrock Re: UserTracks List August 27th XLS - 08/30/15 08:07 AM
Find Ctrl+F > piano*rock > Find All

then just click the UT and it will open the page

© PG Music Forums