PG Music Home
Posted By: Wyndham guitar pro 6 for user tracks??? - 11/27/16 05:47 PM
GP6 is on sale and was wondering if anyone has or is using it for making user tracks with the RSE instrument packs thy have?
Wyndham
Posted By: boydbob Re: guitar pro 6 for user tracks??? - 12/04/16 05:25 AM
I have Guitar Pro 6.
Frankly I don't think the sound quality of most of their guitars is all that great.
I use Ample Sound VSTi Guitars which will play TAB files and do sound very convincing.
So the short answer is, it depends on your sound source, and what kind of sound you want.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: guitar pro 6 for user tracks??? - 12/05/16 09:56 PM
Boyd, I just got GP6 so have a lot of learning. does GP6 allow for output to vsti? I have real guitar 4 vst if I could use it in GP that would be great
Posted By: Pipeline Re: guitar pro 6 for user tracks??? - 12/05/16 11:20 PM
Set the Midi out of GP6 to LoopMidi
Open RealGuitar Standalone set midi in to same LoopMidi channel
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

You can use VSTHost to Load RG4.dll and Amplitube/Guitar Rig.dll and set VSTHost's Midi in to LoopMidi channel.
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

Or MiniHost Standalone and set MiniHost's Midi in to LoopMidi channel.
Join the FL Studio Forum and download free MiniHost Win or Mac
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=123031

You can also put Kontakt after RG4 then Setup > Output Mode > Midi only
then put Amplitube/Guitar Rig after Kontakt. This way you can have Electric or Nylon using RealGuitar 4 Acoustic's Midi Out.

GP7 should have vst support and maybe have a vst version.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: guitar pro 6 for user tracks??? - 12/06/16 03:46 PM
I've heard gp7 might be out this yr(2017)but who knows thanks for the tut on rg4
Posted By: Pipeline Re: TuxGuitar for user tracks??? - 12/09/16 11:53 PM
Guitar Pro 6 I found out has less needed features than 5,
GP6 don't save midi bends,
it don't send bends to midi out
the exported xml won't show bends/play when imported back in to GP6
the exported xml from 6 will show/play/save to mid, bends in 5.

PreSonus Progression 3 is just as bad with no midi out, will not save bends to midi, it has ReWire (thats great) but with the crappy sound it has it is not much use.

You can open and play/edit Guitar Pro Tabs in TuxGuitar, save to midi with bends and it send the bends through Midi Out to a Virtual Intrument. https://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar/

Tux RealRick & Progression3.mp4
Posted By: Pipeline Re: TuxGuitar for user tracks??? - 12/10/16 03:04 PM
Notion 6 is no better for a lot more,
Look Ma no bends:

Notion_RealRick.mp4
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: TuxGuitar for user tracks??? - 08/02/17 04:34 AM
Interesting: So the moral is that GuitarPro 5 is the better version if you want to control external sound sources? I just been drooling around the GP tab imports for Ample guitar, and found it too much of a time consuming workaround; rather play my own guitar LOL .... F

FOLLOW UP:

Well as i got a little more curious & interested in the various Guitar Pro versions i done some comparing. Took a GP3 file, of a well made dire straits song with a lot of pitch bend guitar soloing. Loaded the same one in demo versions of GP5, GP6 and GP7. By far GP7 sounds the best, probably due it's improved RSE files. Also the timing seemed more correct especially; GP5 sucks there IMO.

Then i exported a midi file from each GP 5, 6, and 7 version and imported those in BIAB 2017.

Those from GP6 and GP7 sounded alike (with the Coyote VST), BUT INDEED indeed there were no pitch bends with the MIDI import from GP6. The one from GP7 export had, but seemingly by far not enough to sound as good as the file played within GP7 itself. WEIRD: the imported MIDI from GP5 had far more Pitch Bend data, but the timing sucked, also with the GP3 file played by GP5 itself.

CONCLUSION: The sounds and also pitch bends sounded much more convincing in Guitar Pro 7 itself. I guess either the export routine from GP7 destroys data or BIAB interprets them differently. For now i don't think i am going to buy Guitar Pro (7) LoL, especially as i am not a guitarist by trade. The pricing is very fair though at $75 with 200 RSE sound data files embedded. F
© PG Music Forums