PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Independent UserTracks Group - 10/04/17 11:08 PM
Just a short note to remind everyone there has been a Band-in-a-Box UserTracks group since UserTracks were offered as a feature with the release of 2014 Band-in-a-Box.

You do not have to have a Yahoo email address to join. The group is independent of PG Music.

+++ UserTracks Group +++
Posted By: Icelander Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/01/17 07:25 PM
Did not know of this one, me thinks, so I clicked that link and got:

Oops!
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

And nothing else worked, couldn't join, browse or anything smirk
Posted By: DrDan Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/02/17 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Did not know of this one, me thinks, so I clicked that link and got:

Oops!
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

And nothing else worked, couldn't join, browse or anything smirk

Your security setting in you browser protected you from a "pop up ad" which wants you to join and download some stuff. Try a different browser and I suspect you will have the joy of clicking on the popup to get to the Yahoo site.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/02/17 04:34 PM
Eddie,

You do have to request to join the group. This action was taken to prevent the group from being flooded with SPAM.

I just tried the link again and it worked fine for me. However, +++ HERE +++ is a fresh link, just in case.

I really do hope you and all users interested in UserTracks will join and start discussions. I started the group so users will have an independent arena to discuss UserTracks. Unfortunately to date there have been numerous users join but very limited discussions.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/02/17 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie,

You do have to request to join the group. This action was taken to prevent the group from being flooded with SPAM.
Fair enuff, thanks for the info and the new link. I'll give it another go, then.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Unfortunately to date there have been numerous users join but very limited discussions.
Looking for more easy ways to get more free stuff, no doubt. I'm not in the least bit surprised smirk
Posted By: Icelander Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/02/17 09:28 PM
p.s. Upon trying your "fresh link" I've just discovered you not only need to "request" joining, it requires you to register to yahoo in the process.
I'm not too keen on obligatory registrations in general, and if the place is as poorly used as you suggest, the incentive is even less.

But well, at least now we all know of the option a bit better (and that fresh link works), so I guess that's still something.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/03/17 02:23 PM
I appreciate you letting me know your findings. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Posted By: jford Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/04/17 04:23 PM
All Yahoo groups require you to register with Yahoo. Just set up a throw-away account, if necessary. But that same account can be used for membership in multiple groups, and when you go to Yahoo Groups logged into that account, all the groups to which you belong will display.

It's been that way for as far back as I can remember (20 years or so).
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/04/17 05:27 PM
There are several Yahoo groups Band-in-a-Box members might find useful. Here are links to the ones I like and am a member of:

+++ MIDI GUITARS +++

+++ Band-in-a-Box +++

+++ Band-in-a-Box UserTracks +++

+++ MIDI KAR or MIDI Music With Style! +++

+++ MIDI KAR (Restricted Group) +++
Posted By: Icelander Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/06/17 11:02 AM
Very handy to have a list like that in one post, thanks for this cool
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 12/06/17 11:40 PM
Thanks Eddie. I thought so too.

It's been awhile since all the group links were posted at the same time in one post, but it has been done before so I wasn't the first to think of it.
Posted By: RoyReddy Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 11/01/21 03:55 PM
did these evaporate with the collapse of Yahoo Groups?
or were they migrated to another home?

thnx
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 11/01/21 04:00 PM
There are some here https://www.realband.org/usertracks.html
Posted By: RoyReddy Re: Independent UserTracks Group - 11/01/21 04:20 PM
ah yes _ thank you
© PG Music Forums